The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 123456
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Get your affairs in order

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

AdamasW597
Posted 2016-03-05 8:44 AM (#522716 - in reply to #522685)
Subject: Re: Get your affairs in order

You are in my prayers. You know that you are loved and admired. You have my deepest sympathy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cliff
Posted 2016-03-05 8:46 AM (#522717 - in reply to #522685)

WishingYou a PeacefulJourney.
stephent28
Posted 2016-03-05 9:00 AM (#522720 - in reply to #522700)

wow, just wow.

I am so glad that I got to come out for the Rocky Racoon fest and spend time with you and your wonderful store.  I have been trying to write something to express my feelings but was struggling with what my heart was saying.  Then I realized that Bill had said it better than I ever could.....so I am just reprinting his beautiful words and message because the feelings echo mine.  We will miss you but know you will be in a better place.  All my love.

Beal - 2016-03-04 5:06 PM 

Even though I haven't seen you in 34 years......

Here's To You

Had a good friend turn into a ghost
And another had a stroke out in the coast
And what I really miss the most
Is not having them here for this toast

There are friendships that span eternal time
They last forever they never loose their line
No matter how twisted the road may wind
So let's raise this glass of wine

Here's to you
You are a friend of mine
Here's to you
Throughout eternal time
Here's to you
We've been all down that line
Here's to you
For making it a good time

Enjoy every sandwich Warren Zevon said
These words have always stuck in my head
Life is hard you can sleep when you're dead
Take heed and do what he says

Here's to you
You are a friend of mine
Here's to you
Throughout eternal time
Here's to you
We've been all down that line
Here's to you
For making it a good time

There are friends we cherish so much
Some how we fall apart through life's crunch
It's a shame, friendship means so much
So reach out and stay in touch

Here's to you
You are a friend of mine
Here's to you
Throughout eternal time
Here's to you
We've all been down that line
Here's to you
For makin it a good time

arumako
Posted 2016-03-05 10:29 AM (#522721 - in reply to #522685)
Subject: RE: Get your affairs in order

CanterburyStrings - 2016-03-04 5:16 AM

So anyway, you know how sometimes someone on an internet forum suddenly disappears and you wonder what happened to them? Well I didn't want you to wonder. And I wanted to thank you all for the good times. I've met many of you in person and had long phone or email conversations with others. I consider you all my friends. It's been a lot of fun.

I am so sorry to hear the sad news, but am moved by your thoughtful and courageous thread, CanterburyStrings (Alllison). None of your OFC friends will have to worry about your disappearance, instead they (and I as an onlooker in the farthest eastern corner of the world) can be rest assured that you are alive with the Lord in eternity. That's a comforting thought, but I hope you don't mind my praying for you and your loved ones as you engage in this struggle for life.

And thanks for posting the nice pic, Slipkid. It helps to envision who I'm praying for and to put a face on the beautiful comments and memories that you all are sharing...
guitarwannabee
Posted 2016-03-05 10:58 AM (#522722 - in reply to #522685)

the lord needs a very special angel for a very special project of his.thoughts and prayers are with you.GWB
elginacres
Posted 2016-03-05 12:11 PM (#522723 - in reply to #522685)

Allison: I too will always cherish meeting you and receiving all your hospitality when my daughter and I got to spend the Rocky Raccoon event in Hot Springs. I wish you peace...they tell me the flipside is even better...and I hope they have Karmann Ghias there.
Mark
stonebobbo
Posted 2016-03-05 1:13 PM (#522724 - in reply to #522685)

Alison, I am so inspired by you. I pray I can face the next life with your grace and attitude when my time comes. You leave an incredible legacy.

One of the memories forever ingrained is following your joy in having your custom Adamas built. I happened to be at the factory when they were getting ready to install the 12th fret inlay ... they must've had a dozen sets laid out to be sure it was perfect because they were making it for you. You probably will never know how many souls you have touched.

When my Mom went terminal with her cancer, I had just gotten a new CD by Hootie and The Blowfish. They have a song titled I'm Going Home that really touched me. I had a chance meeting with the band at SFO a few weeks later and had a chance to tell them; they were so gracious and remarked that it was done to help them cope with saying goodbye for now. I think I'll go listen to it now.

Vaya con dios.
marenostrum
Posted 2016-03-05 1:22 PM (#522725 - in reply to #522685)

"Exegi monumentum aere perennius regalique situ pyramidum altius, quod non imber edax, non Aquilo inpotens possit diruere aut innumerabilis annorum series et fuga temporum. Non omnis moriar multaque pars mei uitabit Libitinam."
Oratius, Carmina III, 30.
I have raised a monument more permanent than bronze and loftier than the peaks of the regal Pyramids, that no devouring rain that corrodes,or fierce northerly gale has power to destroy, nor the immeasurable succession of years and the swift passage of time. I will not entirely die! and a large part of me will avoid the grave. ( Libitina was the goddess of death )

We live forever in the hearts of those who loved us.

Standingovation
Posted 2016-03-05 1:42 PM (#522726 - in reply to #522685)

I wish I had an ounce of your strength, class and kindness. Well done, and won't ne forgotten.
Darkbar
Posted 2016-03-05 2:07 PM (#522727 - in reply to #522685)

CanterburyStrings - 2016-03-04 4:16 PM

61 glorious years of family, friends, music, and just plain fun.

And who can really ask for more than that out of this crazy world, right? I'm glad that you are handling the diagnosis with such dignity and grace. You have always been a bit of an inspiration to me....now even more so. Keep on pickin' and a grinning, just as long as you can

Still, the news just plain sucks.
Weaser P
Posted 2016-03-05 2:12 PM (#522728 - in reply to #522685)

You missed spelling abilities, Dave.

(Sorry, folks, but I thought Allison might appreciate the levity.)

Edited by Weaser P 2016-03-05 2:17 PM
MWoody
Posted 2016-03-05 10:14 PM (#522733 - in reply to #522685)

Ma'am,
You are generous, graceful and brave.
FlySig
Posted 2016-03-05 10:23 PM (#522734 - in reply to #522685)

Alison, my heart is broken with this news. The Rocky Raccoon trip was a real highlight for both me and Sara. And then it was so enjoyable to come back several months later to pick up the Patriot and share a meal with you. I admire what you've done building a business in Hot Springs which has become a cultural center for the area, and brought the gift of music to so many young people there. I am surprised and thrilled that Jarrett is taking over the shop. What a great legacy!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Take care.
MusicMishka
Posted 2016-03-06 7:23 AM (#522736 - in reply to #522685)

Alison my friend, I'm left kind of numb with your news. I'm thankful for each phone conversation, message, guitar deal, and good thought we've shared over the last 10 years. We never know what each day will bring...a gift I think from above. How we handle the news that day brings truly shows what kind of individual we are. You my friend are a class act...I wish you freedom from pain, Godspeed and protection on your journey, and the knowledge that you have touched lives here in this journey and have made a real difference! Love you girl!
schroeder
Posted 2016-03-06 8:10 AM (#522737 - in reply to #522685)

This is very sad news. I wish you continued strength and peace on your journey.
My oncologist always used to say to me "Attitude is everything" and yours seems perfect.
My motto (if that's the word) was "Cancer may kill me but it's not going to ruin my life." Happy to see you taking the same view.
Enjoy living.
WillaMuse
Posted 2016-03-06 12:51 PM (#522742 - in reply to #522685)

<p>Allison, I am so devastated to read this. I hope you are comfortable and at peace, kind lady. We are all thinking of you. Beal's post said it best:  "Here's to you."  You have made a positive impression on all those whose paths you have crossed. God bless, you Darling. Thinking of you. Love, Willa</p>

Edited by WillaMuse 2016-03-06 12:52 PM
fillhixx
Posted 2016-03-06 2:58 PM (#522747 - in reply to #522685)

Love and hugs. You are, and remain, a vital part of the energy that makes our little (!?!) family a very special place in the Internet.

......and now, in proper OFC tradition, this thread simply MUST go sideways!
;-)
fillhixx
Posted 2016-03-06 3:02 PM (#522748 - in reply to #522685)

Three buddies were talking about death and dying.

One asked, "When you're in your casket and friends and family are mourning you, what would you like to hear them say about you?"

The first guy says, "I would like to hear them say that I was a great doctor of my time and a great family man."

The second man says, "I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and school teacher who made a huge difference in our children of tomorrow."

The last guy says, "I would like to hear them say LOOK, HE'S MOVING!!!"
CrimsonLake
Posted 2016-03-06 4:31 PM (#522749 - in reply to #522685)

Dear Allison - my son's and I often talk about the trip out to see you and the Rocky Raccoon crew. Your hospitality and enthusiasm were top notch. We will never forget you!
TAFKAR
Posted 2016-03-06 4:33 PM (#522750 - in reply to #522685)

Alison, that's awful news. I have always appreciated your warmth an input on this forum. I admire your grace and strength in facing this terrible illness. You will be sorely missed. I hope you can still chip in here from time to time, poor spelling and all.
tpa
Posted 2016-03-06 4:45 PM (#522751 - in reply to #522685)

Sad reading, Alison. Enjoy the time You have left and know that You have been loved.

Edited by tpa 2016-03-06 4:46 PM
leonardmccoy
Posted 2016-03-07 12:35 AM (#522755 - in reply to #522685)

Though as a new OFC member I didn't get a chance to know, I wish I did and I find it commendable that you didn't leave your friends wondering. I'm not sure I would have had as much strength, courage, and wisdom in your place.

Edited by leonardmccoy 2016-03-07 12:36 AM
jay
Posted 2016-03-07 10:36 AM (#522756 - in reply to #522685)

Terrible and sad news Allison, but selfishly, you speak to me. Clearly, there is a calling to embrace and be grateful in celebrating each day, in this brief period of time we call life. God Bless you Allison.

standing
Posted 2016-03-07 5:08 PM (#522767 - in reply to #522685)

Allison,

I'm not sure that a younger "me" would have believed that I would someday find myself reading an online posting from someone whom I've never met in person, yet which caused my eyes to tear-up, and left a little hole in my heart.

Maybe it's different for younger folks who have grown up with the internet, and who are content and comfortable with the odd anonymity they find online, but I find some aspects of modern communication to be downright surreal. We can now make personal connections with people in distant places, and in ways that were unimaginable just a couple of decades ago. Sometimes, (if we're lucky, and avoid the trolls) we find like-minded comrades and form genuine friendships that are every bit as strong as if we were all regulars at the local coffee shop (when there used to be local coffee shops.) The OFC is one of those rare places, and you are one of the biggest reasons that we all stop in here for coffee on a regular basis.

In the spirit of your courageous posting and positive attitude, please know that, although we are unavoidably saddened by the news, you've enriched many of our lives, you'll always be with us, and we look forward to any and every chance to "visit" with you again, whether here or in the next big gathering beyond. So, please, if and when you feel up to it, keep posting. I wouldn't worry about spelling and typos, most of us can't spell or type worth a darn anyway, (and we can't all blame it on our meds, either.)

Thank you for your brave and honest post, I hope you find some comfort and relief in the outpouring of respect, praise, friendship and love expressed here.

Peace…
Darkbar
Posted 2016-03-07 7:03 PM (#522770 - in reply to #522767)

That was extremely well said, standing.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)