The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Looking for an A/E 12 string

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

minstrel
Posted 2016-02-27 3:50 PM (#522540)
Subject: Looking for an A/E 12 string

Hi all

After lurking for literally years, I thought I'd ask here 

I've decided to start actively searching for an acoustic/electric 12 string. I had a Celebrity, bought new, but was never pleased with the sound. I thought I had a line on a 1658 Custom Legend, but it turned out to be a 1615 Pacemaker. It was only $600, but it had a face crack from bottom bout to sound hole - maybe just finish, but it had finish cracks beside the neck and on the back of the neck, and what looked to be a crack that went through to the wood near the headstock. But the sound was fantastic - just what I'm looking for. Here in Canada, used USA ovations are few and far between. So I thought I would ask anyone here if they know of, or perhaps themselves have something they need to part with to generate funds for a 50th Anniversary model, please let me know. Lucky for me, I have family in Ohio, so shipping across the border won't be necessary.

If you hear of anything, please keep me in mind.

Cheers

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mike S.
Posted 2016-02-27 5:40 PM (#522542 - in reply to #522540)
Subject: Re: Looking for an A/E 12 string

Hi, Minstrel,
Mike Seguin here. FWIW, yes, the Ovation Custom Legend 12-string did have both a decorative carved TRC, and bridge at one point in the past. I got one from the Ovation factory warehouse many years ago, just after they stopped making them, c., late1980's,;- when Ovation moved the truss rod adjustment to the neck, inside of the guitars, so the old covers were no longer needed at that time. I also got a plain black one, w/ the white edge. I'm nostalgic, and I just like the look of the TRC on the Ovation headstock. I traded the Custom Legend TRC, here on OFC to Thunderbolt, for a Glen Campbell Signature TRC awhile back. Any Ovation 12-String is great!
Mike Seguin
Ottawa, ON. CANADA
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2016-02-28 12:58 PM (#522553 - in reply to #522540)

Hey Minstrel,
If your looking for a Pacemaker there show up fairly regularly on feebay as well as GC.com,I saw one on GC that has the wrong model number on the ad,they call it a 1516 when it should be a 1615,low price 349,hard to say about condition they say good but you have to take all there appraisals with a grain of salt.
Reverb.com has some 12 strings if you've got big bucks there's a Elite 1758 and a Adamas 1598.
If you want a slothead you should also look at the Glen Campbell 1618 12 string they show up frequently.
I have a Legend 6756lx 12 string mid-bowl cutaway that rarely gets attention so if that interests you send me a PM and we can talk.

Edited by 2wheeldrummer 2016-02-28 1:02 PM
CanterburyStrings
Posted 2016-02-28 4:07 PM (#522559 - in reply to #522553)

"I got one from the Ovation factory warehouse many years ago"

Wow, I wonder where they hid that warehouse. I went all over both the Moosup and New Hartford factories and I never saw nor heard of any warehouse. Wish they had let the employees know about it.
minstrel
Posted 2016-02-28 4:28 PM (#522561 - in reply to #522540)

Hi again 2wheel, thanks for the shopping list and the heads up what to look for. I've found a Balladeer 12 string at 650 cdn. I'm thinking that sounds like a good deal. From the photos, it seems in good shape, even though it's listed as "excellent".

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)