The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Looking for OFC CDs!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

arumako
Posted 2015-12-20 10:56 PM (#519594)
Subject: Looking for OFC CDs!

Very thankful for the OFC. If there is such a thing as good "atmosphere," "vibes," "karma" - whatever you want to call it - in cyberspace, I'd say the OFC definitely "has it"!

I'm posting here today because I learned from Patch's thread "How About Some Christmas Music!" that there have been 3 OFC CDs published (I think they're Christmas CDs), and I was interested in trying to get a set of these. I'll pay for shipping to Japan and a reasonable price for the CD (somewhere between 10 and 20 bucks per CD?).

There are incredibly talented players and singers out there on the OFC, and if you've got an extra set, I'd sure love to add these to my collection!

Thanks a bunch!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
seesquare
Posted 2015-12-21 6:34 PM (#519640 - in reply to #519594)
Subject: Re: Looking for OFC CDs!

Someone could probably burn a set for you. Do you need the original CD covers, too?
arumako
Posted 2015-12-21 10:57 PM (#519655 - in reply to #519640)

seesquare - 2015-12-21 8:34 AM

Someone could probably burn a set for you. Do you need the original CD covers, too?

Not really. Although if an extra set with the covers existed somewhere, that would be so cool...

The only thing about burned copies is the danger of copyright infringement, which is something I'm not willing to do. With as much talent that exists between the folks on this site, I suspect that, at least, some (if not all) of the music on the 3 volumes would have been copywritten(?).

By the way, I am not looking to get these by Christmas or anything (obviously)...just whenever, and I am able to pay by Paypal in U.S. dollars (like with Patch's calendars) in case there are any concerns about payment arrangements. Shipping can be via USPS using international postage or priority mail. Perhaps, next Christmas will be filled with Holiday songs recorded by Ovation artists!

Here's to hoping!
stonebobbo
Posted 2015-12-22 12:20 AM (#519658 - in reply to #519594)

Only the second disc has Christmas music on it, and only in reality about half the songs on the disc. All the other songs on the three CDs were pretty much anything goes. But there are some stellar tunes on these.
arumako
Posted 2015-12-22 6:05 AM (#519668 - in reply to #519594)

Thanks for the details stonebobbo! I'd definitely like to get a set if there are any available! I'd bet that I'm not the only one interested in these...
FlySig
Posted 2015-12-22 9:41 AM (#519674 - in reply to #519594)

I've got one of the CDs and would be happy to burn a copy. I've got a digital copy of the cover art, too. I believe all the songs on that cd are originals, so there would be no copyright issues. Some of the other cd's had covers on them, so there would be royalty issues.

I would be interested in buying official copies of the other OFC cd's, too, if any exist.

2016 would be a good year to do a new OFC cd.
Nancy
Posted 2015-12-24 12:52 PM (#519713 - in reply to #519668)

arumako - 2015-12-22 6:05 AM

Thanks for the details stonebobbo! I'd definitely like to get a set if there are any available! I'd bet that I'm not the only one interested in these...

Right again Arumako....

By any chance, would it be possible to set up an Account like Stonebobbo has, where the songs are stored in the Account, and you can go out and play the songs, or download them whenever you want? I listen to Stonebobbo's music quite often!

If the OFC had an Account too, the music could be Available to all Members. Just a Thought!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)