The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Moderators:xraiderman

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Yeah, strings would be Great!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member Communities -> Q & A with Ovation GuitarsMessage format

red-twins
Posted 2015-12-16 5:33 PM (#519450)
Subject: Yeah, strings would be Great!

d'Ovation, Adamas strings are my favourite too. It seemed as if they were no longer available in Germany, but recently a huge tackle dealer listed them online. When I rang them asking how many they could deliver, (expecting they had found just one or two in a drawer or elsewhere), I was asked how many I needed... It came out they had 185 packs in stock.. wherever they got them from.

I Love them. But I Wonder whether Ovation themselves are happy with them, since the standard on their guitars is d'addario.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
red-twins
Posted 2015-12-21 4:33 AM (#519596 - in reply to #519450)
Subject: RE: Yeah, strings would be Great!

Mike,

I always thought that the adamas strings were made by a string Factory like D'addario, but I like them more than the other  D'addario products. 

Looking at Al's page shows a description of the new 40th reissue and it says 1818 adamas strings...

So, let's hope they did not find a big box with old strings in a corner, but getting new ones made.

Beside that, does it make sense to buy dozens of string packages still available here, only to use them during the next years, or do they get old and useless only by lying around?

red-twins
Posted 2015-12-21 7:05 AM (#519599 - in reply to #519450)
Subject: RE: Yeah, strings would be Great!

Mike,

I always thought that the adamas strings were made by a string Factory like D'addario, but I like them more than the other  D'addario products. 

Looking at Al's page shows a description of the new 40th reissue and it says 1818 adamas strings...

So, let's hope they did not find a big box with old strings in a corner, but getting new ones made.

Beside that, does it make sense to buy dozens of string packages still available here, only to use them during the next years, or do they get old and useless only by lying around?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)