The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
GAF = FS my Sweet 1768-1

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

T.R.
Posted 2015-11-30 6:51 PM (#519001)
Subject: GAF = FS my Sweet 1768-1

So I fell in love with the Adamas/Ovation 1778 Koa on Al’s site and that can only mean one thing for a poor artist like me... I gotta raise some money selling equipment to buy it before someone else beats me to it!!

One cutaway Elite in - one cutaway Elite out…. so up For Sale my Sweet 1992 1768-1.  This guitar is in very good condition with only a small amount of pick swirl and two small finish cracks on each side of the bridge that are barely noticeable (see photos), it is missing the bottom strap button. It also has the Factory Certified Service sticker inside it though I can not find a reason why...

Freshly reydrated fret board and new strings since these photos were taken.

Comes with a brown case that is in great condition (one sticky latch). Electronics are great, plays fantastic unplugged as well.

I have $550 into it and would like to stand pat if possible, but open to offers + actual shipping.  Hoping to keep it in the family and give the % to OFC not Ebay...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mike S.
Posted 2015-11-30 10:03 PM (#519012 - in reply to #519001)
Subject: Re: GAF = FS my Sweet 1768-1

Hi, Tennessee,
Mike Seguin from Ottawa, ON, Canada here. How y'all doin' ? Is this guitar a deep bowl, or a mid-depth bowl? I'm a mid -depth bowl kinda guy. Just so you know, and to be fair, I've had my eye on that same guitar for some time as well, but unfortunately for me, it's looks like y'all beat me to the punch. Being in CANADA does NOT help in certain situations, eh? I'll have to go hunting for the 1983 Collectors Series here in my home town, and Christmas is coming so... on with the fun! I hope Al gives you a good deal on The Adamas/1778 Koa. He's always got some interesting stuff for sale, and he will NOT jerk your chain. "That dog don't hunt here."
Mike S.
T.R.
Posted 2015-11-30 11:21 PM (#519016 - in reply to #519001)

Hey Mike, it's a DEEP. Yes I am certain I have not been the only one staring at that photo for a while.

And of course until I raise the cash someone may buy it before me... poor men and artists must leave it to the fates. Best, TR

Edited by Tennessee 2015-11-30 11:23 PM
T.R.
Posted 2015-12-09 7:42 PM (#519256 - in reply to #519001)
Subject: Price Reduction - $500 - GAF = FS my Sweet 1768-1

Bumping this for price reduction $500 + shipping.

And in case you missed my other post...

Good news for those of you still coveting Al's 1778 Koa, it is still for sale. As fate would have it, last Friday I wondered into a little guitar shop to kill some time waiting for the car to be serviced in Long Beach and fell in love with a Adamas W597. All I can say is DREAMY. Visually it's like a Rainsong and Ovation made a baby together and it grew up to be this sexy beast. The action and tone are unreal. The mid depth bowl reminds me of my 1121 Artist, just a perfect fit for my body. Low pressure salesman and I agreed on a price not that far from the Koa, when I explained my cash poor situation (especially since the car needed a new water pump!) they gave me interest free layaway while I sell the gear necessary. It is so true when possible it sure pays to buy local.

Here is a crappy shot of the "new" guitar - just 5 payments away!!

BTW if you are in Long Beach ever you owe it to yourself to go see Dean at A&V Pawn. 3323 E. South St 90805. They are half guitar store - half pawn shop. Dean knows his guitars and unlike most pawn shop he carries quality not crap. Tons of instruments beside guitars - amps, pedals, woodwins & brass, etc.

He is a guitar guy who owns a pawn shop.  They had a collection of O's for sale both USA & Pacific Rim - including that crazy blue bowl Tangent model - that was my first time seeing it in person.

Dean's prices are set to haggle, and let me tell you he is a straight shooter dealer.  They will let you put down 20% then set terms for a intrest free monthly payment. He is also all about giving back to his community.  i really love supporting a small business like his.

They made a customer for life right here.  I am just glad that they are all the way in Long Beach or I would get into some serious trouble with the wife 

Edited by Tennessee 2015-12-09 8:00 PM
Mike S.
Posted 2016-06-23 12:49 PM (#526250 - in reply to #519001)
Subject: RE: GAF = FS my Sweet 1768-1

Hi, TR,
Mike S. from Ottawa, ON, CANADA here. You mentioned seeing "that crazy blue bowl Tangent", for the first time in the local pawn shop where you got your ADAMAS, In 2007, at Easter, I work on our church worship team in my hometwon, and a lady on the team used one of these. It's a Tangent MOB (MY OTHER BOARD) with surboard shaped soundholes?! I guess the team thought it sounded, "real good", plugged into the house/church PA! Crazy ain't the half of it, though, eh? I'm still aiming for a local deal on an Ovation 1993 Collectors Seies guitar that's for sale, here right here in my home town area. I'm thinkin', "y'all done good", with the Adamas!
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA.
Love O Fair
Posted 2016-06-23 5:52 PM (#526262 - in reply to #519001)

@T.R. - "Dean at A&V Pawn ... He is a guitar guy who owns a pawn shop."

The perfect combination. Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely stop in there sometime on your recommend.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)