The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Sighting

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Mr. Ovation
Posted 2007-11-10 5:46 PM (#75174)
Subject: Ovation Sighting

For a couple of reasons, including the recent news about KMC and FMI and this years addition of an Ovation Solid Body (VXT), I thought I would start a thread to keep track of any NEW assurances of Ovation's being spotted where they didn't used to be.

As example, today I stopped by the local, and only in the area, music store Hugo Helmer. They were having a grand opening of their new location as they have combined two small stores into a single "super" store. My guess is the next move is sell it off to Guitar Center, but who knows.

Anyway, as you can see from their product page
http://www.hugohelmermusic.com/product_lines.htm although a really large facility that is packed, it's pretty limited in offerings.

However, today I noticed two NEW Ovation Celeb's (a 6 and a 12-String) on the wall. I didn't get a chance to speak to anyone, but trust me, they stuck out, and they were new. Other than Guitar Center (45 minutes away), these are the only two Ovations I have seen in a store here, any store, in over a year.

Just thought it was worth noting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beggin
Posted 2007-11-10 6:42 PM (#75175 - in reply to #75174)
Subject: Re: Ovation Sighting

Miles..it's nice that there are two Celebs there. At my local GC they also have a number of off shore O's on display, and on rare occasion an Elite T. My problem is that there are no high end O's or A's for the beginner to aspire to. Therefore, the "new" player only thinks that the Celebs are all that Ovation offers.

There is the usaul line, from low end to high end, of Martins and Taylors and Breedloves and, etc., etc., etc., but only limited low end O's.

Nothing really wrong with low end O's, but NOTHING to aspire to. Damn shame IMHO!
numbfingers
Posted 2007-11-10 7:26 PM (#75176 - in reply to #75174)

Hugo's used to have several Ovations in stock, but I haven't been in there for a year or more. Maybe they restocked for their grand opening. Glad I missed it, I might have bought something!

-Steve W.
CrimsonLake
Posted 2007-11-10 9:17 PM (#75177 - in reply to #75174)

I was at Sam Ash this evening and noticed that they moved all of the O's up on the wall behind the counter. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I asked the guy behind the counter and he said it was Sam's idea.
Tupperware
Posted 2007-11-10 9:36 PM (#75178 - in reply to #75174)

GC in Manhattan last week I noticed that the VXT was hanging on the electric wall with the Strats. I didn't think of it at the time, but given the FMIC news that's sort of an ironic twist.
Beal
Posted 2007-11-10 9:39 PM (#75179 - in reply to #75174)

I was in the GC in Jacksonville last week and there were about 15 Os on the wall, bunch of Taylors and assorted others. None of the acoustics were really in tune and about half the strings were dead, not that that is unexpected.
PEZ
Posted 2007-11-11 2:39 AM (#75180 - in reply to #75174)

I mail order small things picks strings etc
Too tempting to go to the store.....
First Alternate
Posted 2007-11-11 5:41 AM (#75181 - in reply to #75174)

You guys are always in music stores. I never go to a damn music store now that everything is on line. I'd rather take my chances having to send something back to Al than go to one of those places.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)