The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Request: Help w/Repairing Bridge Pulled Up (1977 CB) Over Tensioned Strings ?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

pfrancz
Posted 2015-11-17 4:31 PM (#518647)
Subject: Request: Help w/Repairing Bridge Pulled Up (1977 CB) Over Tensioned Strings ?

Dear Ovation Group:
Thanks for your Ovation forum group. We hope to participate often.

I was writing with a question please.

How do we repair a bridge that has been pulled from the guitar top, due to overtightening of the strings.

A new to us 1112-2 Custom Balladeer guitar. The screws are still in place and attached but the bridge is pulled away 1/16", air gap.
Minimal top finish damage.

We hope to be able to play and enjoy it at some point.

Thanks again for your efforts to provide this great forum,
Pete
Top of the page Bottom of the page
T.R.
Posted 2015-11-17 5:02 PM (#518649 - in reply to #518647)
Subject: Re: Request: Help w/Repairing Bridge Pulled Up (1977 CB) Over Tensioned Strings ?

http://www.ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=45...
Mark in Boise
Posted 2015-11-17 6:05 PM (#518651 - in reply to #518647)
Subject: Re: Request: Help w/Repairing Bridge Pulled Up (1977 CB) Over Tensioned Strings ?

Welcome to the big board, Pete. Now that you are in, poke around in the various sections and try to absorb what you can. As Tennessee just showed you, we just recently had a discussion on the same question, so your timing was great. Then keep in touch and let us know how your repair effort comes out. And don't be intimidated by Dan Savage. He knows more about glue than most people know about anything and he's great at sharing his knowledge and experiences. There's a lot of amazing talent on this site. It's made me want to learn more and after 10 years a little bit has made it through my thick skull.
pfrancz
Posted 2015-11-17 10:52 PM (#518653 - in reply to #518647)
Subject: Thank You: Help w/Repairing Bridge Pulled Up (1977 CB) Over Tensioned Strings ?

Thank you Mark, Dan and Tennessee, I appreciate your help. Great article with nice photos.

I will check on the Hysol glue as we do buy from McMaster-Carr a vendor.

Q: After completing the bridge fix with your great info help, I was also looking into what if any would be the best instaled under bridge thin line pickup that might be recommended for this used 1112-2 guitar.

There is not one installed now, and possibly I should leave this as is?
I was only thinking of a low profile end pin 1/4" input and a bridge thinline, NOT routering out the body for an EQ.

It's an older model and wasn't equipped with one. I could look into a sound hole wedge type moveable pickup ?

The non-invasive kind, and would be interested in what you all recommend, if anything for this older guitar ?

I can mike the unit externally for some hobby type recording.

My only other ovation a standard balladeer 1860 has an OEM pickup with EQ and preamp. It works well.

Thanks again for the help, Pete
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)