The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Damn Handy Little Guitar

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

First Alternate
Posted 2007-11-17 9:01 AM (#73928)
Subject: Damn Handy Little Guitar

In the call room where I work one of the other guys has left a guitar for the benefit of those of us who play.

It's a Martin 000X1, and this damn little thing is nice. No frills, no binding or bling, great action and nice warm sound. They go new for about 5 online. I'm looking at this thing, thinking it might not be a bad gigging guitar with a UST and pre-amp. Anybody played one?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
gulfcoast
Posted 2007-11-17 10:43 AM (#73929 - in reply to #73928)
Subject: Re: Damn Handy Little Guitar

I have a DX1 its killer.....
Trader Jim
Posted 2007-11-17 12:56 PM (#73930 - in reply to #73928)

In spite of all the flack Dave and I receive here when they are mentioned, Martin makes a fine guitar. GGG has one that he paid (I think) about 500.00 for, and it sounds as good as many more expensive guitars. I don't remember the model, but it's made of "high pressure laminate" (formica) so you could probably leave it out in the rain if you wanted.
Tupperware
Posted 2007-11-17 4:42 PM (#73931 - in reply to #73928)

Interesting vibe when a few of us visited the Martin factory last spring. Even the EMPLOYEES discriminate against the lower end models. There is literally a dividing line across the factory floor and the tour guide (retired former factory manager) said "Over there is where we mass produce the HPL instruments. Over HERE is where we hand craft solid wood Martin guitars."

I've got to admit, despite being a huge Martin lover I have actually NEVER tried any of those 0 or 1 or X series guitars. I just figured in that price range why wouldn't you wany a plastic backed Celebrity that you could really bang around and be pretty much indestructable? I'm sure they are fine guitars for the money and my local GC certainly seems to turn over a ton of them.

Dave
gulfcoast
Posted 2007-11-18 1:28 AM (#73932 - in reply to #73928)

Dave, If you liked the Taylor you will love my OOO1 Martin. Its really better than the Taylor and my DX1 is fun to play and can stay in the room with most any acoustic.
Akami
Posted 2007-11-19 11:15 AM (#73933 - in reply to #73928)

I'm not sure of the model that I tried here in Japan last week but it was in that price range, very small and had a great sound to it, unlike their hideous backpacker, which I think this little guitar should replace.
Capo Guy
Posted 2007-11-19 12:33 PM (#73934 - in reply to #73928)

I do have a 000X1 with a K & K pure western mini in it. It is a great sounding guitar for the money,(about 1/2 a K), If I run it through my Roland AC 60 it has a great well balanced tone.

For the record I would love to have one of the Martin OM series which I think are great but 2-3 K is out of my range.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)