The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Greetings and a ?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

GuitarDan
Posted 2010-12-02 9:15 AM (#2477)
Subject: Greetings and a ?

Hi all, I am a longtime Ovation player since the late 70's and currently use a '93 Celebrity Custom as my main axe, great guitar.

For the first few years my music room was next to the furnace room and as a result of the 'warm wall' apparently -the binding on the guitar yellowed
pic is posted here Close up of binding

While it doesn't affect the playability I would like to get it back to the white state as the guitar itself is a rarer finish and it diminishes the overall look, is there a way to remove the yellowing without replacing the binding which likely is not feasible anyways

thanks kindly for any suggestions ..Andrew
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2010-12-02 9:26 AM (#2478 - in reply to #2477)
Subject: Re: Greetings and a ?

Welcome. Don't know of an easy way to whiten the binding. But think of it another way - some people pay many $$ extra on a custom wood box for precisely that, yellowed binding, to give their guitar a vintage look. In some circles (old Martins and Gibby's) a nice yellow patina is expected.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)