The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
DID ANYONE OF YOU ATTEND WOODSTOCK 1969

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

LBJ
Posted 2007-11-22 4:37 AM (#73475 - in reply to #73425)
Subject: Re: DID ANYONE OF YOU ATTEND WOODSTOCK 1969

Originally posted by Old Man Arthur:

U2, $120, Rose Garden Portland... AIN'T HAPPENIN'!
I must be getting old...
I need to visit Poland!
i bet it wouldn't be boring visit ;]
but if someone would want to get there, i recommend coming between about 20th may and end of july.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tommy M.
Posted 2007-11-24 12:11 PM (#73476 - in reply to #73425)

Wow! I've been away from the board a few days and missed this post. I attended the Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, as it was first named and still have my tickets. That's because of the overwhelming attendance, it became a free concert. I drove up, from Northern New Jersey, in my 1961 Oldsmobile 88 with 2 friends. When we got there Friday night in the rain, we were told to set up camp anywhere we can park. The Fri night concert ended early, because of the rain.
On sat morning, we went to the stage and sat on cardboard on the mud and had great seats. Looking around at all the people was amazing. It was then we realized that kids from all over the country were into pretty much the same thing, music and being groovy.
Santana blew everyone away, their first east coast big gig. Country Joe's performance, got everybody in the spirit. I remember seeing, Canned Heat, the Dead, Creedence, the Who, Sly. CSN&Y was great, because they just released their first album, and everybody was anxious to see them. Because the concert was non-stop, throughout the night. We couldn't see all the acts, cause once you left the stage area, it was along distance to walk from the camp grounds.

When my kids were in their teens, I used to pride myself showing my framed tickets to their friends when they came to the house. They would say, "wow your dad is so cool" Actually, I was just really groovy.
alpep
Posted 2007-11-24 3:20 PM (#73477 - in reply to #73425)

tommy I hope you picked up a piece of trash on the way out just to make it all "far out".

now I have yet another reason to hate tommym!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)