The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
FS: OVATION UKIYO CUSTOM SOPRANO UKULELE

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Standingovation
Posted 2015-10-25 4:45 PM (#516638)
Subject: FS: OVATION UKIYO CUSTOM SOPRANO UKULELE

Ever wonder what would happen if you gave an Ovation bowl to a master ukulele builder and said "go to town" ?

That's exactly what happened around 10 years ago. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I sure did benefit from the result. Master ukulele builder Mark Schoenberger, owner of Ukiyo brand ukuleles of San Luis Obispo, was given two brand new Applause ukulele bowls and was given free rein to build two soprano scale ukuleles, one for a certain gas station attendant and the other for yours truly.

This wonderful instrument does not have your typical wimpy little ukulele neck. No this this is nice and wide and actually PLAYABLE for a guitarist. Beautifully fretted and excellent action/playability. Mark used a top grade solid spruce top and voiced the instrument just perfectly. Playability is outstanding.

Disclaimer: The bowl is to finished, it's just bare smooth grey/black they way they start out. You could easily spray it with a textured black or gloss shiny bowl, or as I did just leave it as is. This one also has the internal tension rod experiment just like its bigger brother tenor uke.

The ukulele ships in a nice new gig bag.

PRICE: $285. including FedEx shipping to your door in the 48 US states

Let me know of you have any questions

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2016-01-15 8:37 AM (#520352 - in reply to #516638)
Subject: Re: FS: OVATION UKIYO CUSTOM SOPRANO UKULELE

By the way, this is now up on EBAY in case anyone is interested. Will entertain reasonable offers from OFC members.

UKULELE
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)