The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 123456
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
USA Factory Reopening Celebration

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

elginacres
Posted 2015-10-28 11:50 PM (#516866 - in reply to #516283)
Subject: Re: USA Factory Reopening Celebration

It was a privilege to be there...seeing some of the usual suspects....Bobbo, Al, Cliff....some of the recent new friends, Miles and Damon, and the folks just met...especially that calendar creator Patch. You nailed it Bill X...Elizabeth did a great job too. Mr. 110% J Budny...and Darren...as usual - out of the park. I concur - the guys from REO were genuine, approachable, and really like Ovations. Gotta love the set up in the pub...the sound contractor had a 48 channel digital board...5 monitor mixes for three guys ten feet apart, and typical...someone was running around trying to find 9 volt batteries. Met about 5 DW employees...all were first class. The 50th and its iterations are going to be worth it...couple of neck options, couple of scale length options, cutaways and full bodies....Mark...most everything I saw was full contour bowls...except of course for the vipers....a few SSBs hanging around Prof...but my guess is they will be customs. Until we all meet again folks...the tavern can be the perfect OFC get together place....but they better lock the factory doors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
xraiderman
Posted 2015-10-29 11:08 AM (#516890 - in reply to #516283)

YOU GUYS AR THE BEST!!!!!

Nancy
Posted 2015-10-29 12:26 PM (#516891 - in reply to #516890)

xraiderman - 2015-10-29 11:08 AM

YOU GUYS AR THE BEST!!!!!

I think it is pretty safe to say, that we feel the same way about you BillX!! This was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!
I have not heard one bad comment, not one! Everybody is planning and plotting to get their hands on one, and everybody is just stoked that it is back where it belongs, being made on by those who belong making them! And that the new/old designs are Exciting, Classic yet New, and they Honour the Original Company! And the attention to detail was not lost in the passing, but maintained to the Nth degree!

You deserve a Huge Pat on the Back, and Day Off for certain! Thank You for making this SO Special for all of us!! I remember asking if you could get us a picture of the Boys and the First Guitar they built, instead of a firecracker, you gave us a Lift Off!! VERY Impressive!!

Edited by Nancy 2015-10-29 12:55 PM
Patch
Posted 2015-10-29 1:11 PM (#516892 - in reply to #516283)
Subject: RE: USA Factory Reopening Celebration

I gotta say; DW Drums is pushing enough of my buttons now that I'm considering learning how to play drums. (Don't tell my wife...)

Look what just showed up in my email from Elizabeth Lang, their PR person. She called it "a memento of the day".

Edited by Patch 2015-10-29 1:13 PM
T.R.
Posted 2015-10-29 1:29 PM (#516893 - in reply to #516283)

<p>Well said Nancy!</p><p>Patch - That pic is SWEET!!</p>

Edited by Tennessee 2015-10-29 1:31 PM
Jonmark Stone
Posted 2015-10-31 3:32 PM (#517993 - in reply to #516283)

For you guys that were there... I'm curious about the necks pictured. First thing that catches my eye is that the annoying LX speed-bump where the neck meets the headstock is gone. Second, seeing what appears to be an aluminum neck mount on the heel makes me wonder if this is some kind of a hybrid K-Bar with the truss-rod adjustment moved to the head or just a refinement of the LX system. Was there any insight given on the tour?
bvince
Posted 2015-12-09 4:08 PM (#519245 - in reply to #516283)

Whaaat?? Where have I been? Where am I? What the heck has been happening for the past year?
moody, p.i.
Posted 2015-12-09 4:11 PM (#519246 - in reply to #516283)

Who shot J.R.?
360Ovation
Posted 2015-12-09 7:53 PM (#519257 - in reply to #519245)

bvince - 2015-12-09 4:08 PM

Whaaat?? Where have I been? Where am I? What the heck has been happening for the past year?

Vince Van Winkle?

SillyLittleBoy
Posted 2016-03-08 6:04 PM (#522789 - in reply to #516283)

Dang, I've been off the forum here for quite a bit and only recently came across the GREAT NEWS that the USA factory is back open and making beautiful Ovation / Adamas guitars again (as it should). Super awesome that Ovation extended the invite to the OFC members and recognized that you guys are the ones keeping them alive and opening back up.

Sorry 2wheeldrummer, I'm a Midwest guy and most definitely would have split or shared the ride for chance to visit Ovation Mecca for their grand re-opening. Where can I find the pics and video from those who did make it to the party? I'll have to poke around a bit. FYI - I may not have been visiting here and keeping up with my favorite musical instrument....EVER, but I haven't lost any of the love. My daughter gifted me about three years ago with twin grandkids (boy and a girl) and I've made sure that they see and hear ONLY Ovation guitars. I gave my son my '79 Legend LTD Model 1651 "John Lennon" guitar, which he LOVES and gets compliments on all the time. He's been keeping real busy with this little band he fronts. He's writes lots of great hooky songs - makes me jealous. So whenever he brings out his acoustic to play something for his niece and nephew, it's always his Legend guitar. I pull out my Elite whenever I play for them. So the bottom line is that my son and I both are growing us a couple of future OFC members amongst my 2nd generational offspring.

Okay...forgive my rambling AND for me being the Rip Van Winkle of the group, but what's this new type of spruce I see listed for the 50th Anniversary Custom Elite? Am I reading the name of it right? Bear Claw Spruce? Is this better than the old Sitka spruce?

Wow, I really need to get caught up here.

But what do I know.. I'm just a...
SillyLittleBoy
SillyLittleBoy
Posted 2016-03-08 6:19 PM (#522790 - in reply to #516683)

DanSavage - 2015-10-26 6:49 PM

Ha! I've already informed SWMBO that I intend to get a 50th Anniversary Ovation to go with my 50th Anniversary Corvette. She gave me a sideways glance, but didn't say no. (she did ask how much I'm expecting to spend, however...)

DanSavage - 2015-10-26 6:50 PM

I want a 50th Anniversary t-shirt.

Are there t-shirts? I think I might be able to afford one of those.

I would like the 50th Anniversary Custom Elite, but I might have to settle for the t-shirt for now...

Guitar for later...

But that's just me... and what do I know, I'm just a...
SillyLittleBoy
TAFKAR
Posted 2016-03-08 8:07 PM (#522792 - in reply to #516283)

The t-shirts were for attendees only and are highly prized. Might be easier to get one of the guitars
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)