The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Return of the C L

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

zephdef
Posted 2007-11-29 1:26 PM (#72563)
Subject: Return of the C L

Hi, everybody, well, here's the lowdown on the outcome of my warped custom legend that I unwittingly bought through ebay.....not wanting to go into a long and expensive (for me )battle with the seller, I found a luthier who said that he could fix it for 230$.....I have just picked it up and the work is fantastic , the warp is almost back flat and the bridge has been repaired, he has also re polished the sound board eliminating most of the pick scratches (the person who had this last must have used a barbed wire pick), new strings etc, in fact all in all I think things have turned out not too bad, although the seller still refuses to pay for the repairs, he even left me negative feedback even befour I sent him the bill! so now I am grounded , I have sent all the corespondence to ebay along with my photoes of the damage....wait and see,at least it will stop me looking at Ovations on ebay , I was sorta getting addicted !!!!
JIM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-11-29 1:41 PM (#72564 - in reply to #72563)
Subject: Re: Return of the C L

My wife tried to stop me from looking at Ovations on ebay, but it didn't work. She hasn't come up with the appropriate threat yet.
Arnaud
Posted 2007-11-29 5:45 PM (#72565 - in reply to #72563)
Subject: Re: Return of the C L

Hello zephdef,
I'm glad your guitar is now ok and you can enjoy it. Hope you win your battle with the seller...
Ebay is a big lottery, you can find here the best and the worst, however there are some rules to minimize risk, which is never equal to zero (i am always a bit anxious with shipping). So don't stop buying guitars on eBay, however be VERY careful, have a look on seller's profile, don't hesitate to ask him questions and discuss with him before buying the instrument, watch photographs very carefully and don't hesitate to ask more pics if needed. Communication is essential; if bad, or your feeling is not ok, don't buy. My two cents...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)