The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 12345
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
I heard from DRUM WORKS yesterday!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

d'ovation
Posted 2015-04-16 5:07 PM (#508922 - in reply to #508919)
Subject: RE: I heard from DRUM WORKS yesterday!

red-twins - 2015-04-16 2:35 PM

By the way, it seems as if Gibson owns a lot of firms.... they showed not only Epiphone, but e.g. Tascam, Steinberger and.... Kramer.

Thanks for the update. You seem to be interested in Kramer ... they were pretty good guitars in the 70s noted for their aluminium necks, but when they went wooden neck they totally lost their mojo. Probably like an ovation without lyrachord bowl would be.

Edited by d'ovation 2015-04-16 5:10 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2015-04-16 5:16 PM (#508923 - in reply to #508919)

red-twins - 2015-04-17 8:35 AM
As for example very few Adamas guitars, which they actually do not sell!

Fair enough at this point, they probably don't have any as they're no longer made and old stock is probably already with stores connected to the old supplier.

I'm heartened that they found one to display - not something they'd be interested in doing if they had no plans to continue the line.
red-twins
Posted 2015-04-17 1:17 AM (#508931 - in reply to #508922)

/QUOTE Thanks for the update. You seem to be interested in Kramer ... QUOTE

no, I am not interested in any electrics, but the name Kramer was mentioned here during the last few weeks several times, so I thought it was of interest to some people here. I remember these guitars from when I started playing, by then I was still hoping to become famous.... 

Edited by red-twins 2015-04-17 1:19 AM
arumako
Posted 2015-04-17 2:20 AM (#508933 - in reply to #508621)
Subject: Re: I heard from DRUM WORKS yesterday!

Thanks for the updates and the pics red-twins! It's a relief to see new Ovations and even an Adamas on display like that. Only 1 Celebrity and 6 Os is an interesting mix to display in Europe. It might suggest how serious DW is about bringing the U.S. brand back. Having performers playing Os is really surprising. As things stand currently, that's gotta be more than a publicity stunt. Even on short notice, it sounds like DW did what they could just to assure us that O is not only alive, but seriously being considered as a fruitful component of DWs future line-up. Don't want to read more into it than there really is, but this is encouraging news. By the way, even if they weren't taking orders, were you at least allowed to play the Os?
moody, p.i.
Posted 2015-04-17 11:27 AM (#508938 - in reply to #508621)

Hey Patch, find out if DW is reserving space.

http://www.registercitizen.com/general-news/20150415/pub-other-busi...
tpa
Posted 2015-04-17 11:51 AM (#508940 - in reply to #508621)

Thank you red-twins. Nice the see Ovation guitars represented in Europe. It has been really really bad here for almost two decades. Hopefully they will will not only sell them but actually represent them. One of the aspects of having Ovation and Adamas guitars which has been disappointing to me has been to read all over about the fantastic customer service and lifetime guarantee, just to realise that it is only in USA. Here (Denmark) I have never heard of any kind of service or even sale of spare parts (Hope, hope).
red-twins
Posted 2015-04-17 12:30 PM (#508943 - in reply to #508621)

Yes, it was possible to play the guitars, also the Adamas. I refused to do so, although it would have been easy, since there were not  many people. Never had one in hands and I  guess that's how it should remain in the future... my wallet and my wife will be happy.

The possiblities of getting the guitars repaired in the States were fascinating to me. Fortunately, did not need it so far. I do not know whether there are luthiers here in Germany being able to do necessary repairs, like dealing with cracks or setting a neck. Maybe one of the german OFC members does?

I ordered two pickups last year. It took several months for them to arrive, but they did.

I was told that it was the last box Fender Germany received from Ovation USA. Since I also was told there had been a few more in that box, I ordered another two six months later, hoping they were still there, but it was too late, Fender Germany had to transfer the parts to the new distributor. Will see whether my dealer can get them from there now....

regards, Georg

Standingovation
Posted 2015-04-17 3:47 PM (#508951 - in reply to #508938)

immoody - 2015-04-17 10:27 AM

Hey Patch, find out if DW is reserving space.

http://www.registercitizen.com/general-news/20150415/pub-other-busi...

Somewhat bittersweet, but good to see the old building being put to use. Hope the new businesses find success and can benefit a little from the mojo of that probnably still exits.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)