The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Standard Elite question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

Craigb
Posted 2015-03-25 6:26 PM (#508007)
Subject: Standard Elite question

I am noticing on my Standard Elite some string buzz on the high E from the 3rd fret to the 1st fret. Is this an indication of needing to tweak the truss rod? It is the only string making this buzz..

Many thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2015-03-27 1:34 PM (#508082 - in reply to #508007)
Subject: Re: Standard Elite question

It could be the nut slot is worn too low, or the first few frets are worn, or possibly the 3rd, 4th, or 5th fret has popped up a bit at that end.
Craigb
Posted 2015-03-27 3:05 PM (#508089 - in reply to #508007)

Thanks, I checked the frets to see if they were level and they are ok. I loosened the truss rod about a 1/4 turn and that seems to have solved the issue for now.
realCop
Posted 2015-09-27 5:08 AM (#515569 - in reply to #508007)

Hello,

if you need a truss rod adjustment, you normally remember it, when plucking the low strings, because they buzz earlier than the high strings, because of higher magnitude (more mass)...

You have to check your neck relief first - then check your saddle height... If you still have a lot of string buzz, when your neck is o.k. - check how much shims are under the saddle (pickup)... If you have 2 or more shims in, and it´s still buzzing your nut is too low ore worn out...

In your case, I think, that your nut is worn out (gone too low) on the high strings...

A good replacement is the TUSQ 1 23/32" (on my Korean-made Standard Elite), that you can sand down very easy to your personal preference and diameters compared to your old one...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)