The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
First year Ovation 1124-4 Country Artist nylon acoustic guitar w/ original case

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

rcartlidge
Posted 2015-01-13 8:42 PM (#504668)
Subject: First year Ovation 1124-4 Country Artist nylon acoustic guitar w/ original case

I am looking to sell an Ovation 1124-4 late 1971 (verified by Ovation) Country Artist in minty condition, it does not look to have ever been played much and has two original owners from Connecticut. I am the third owner as of June of this year. It comes with the original manual and brown Ovation case that are both in great shape.  Case is in great shape but inside compartment cover needs to be re-stapled.

The nut measures just under 1 7/8 with my digital caliper. I considered adapting the guitar with an aftermarket pickup system but decided to forgo that idea to keep it original. I found that with my neuropathy in my hands that I am better off with a narrower neck style with a narrower nut. 

This guitar has no finish cracks or scuffs that stand out, probably very minor issues if one looked at it carefully. Super clean for an instrument that about 43 years old. The action is real comfortable, just had it inspected by a luthier. This guitar has a non-typical neck block stamp of 76XX that Ovation just estimated via e-mail a build date of late 1971 and handwritten, dated notes that back that up in the rear of the owner's manual. 

The price is $485 plus actual shipping and just had the luthier yesterday install a set of normal tension D'Addario EJ45FF fluorocarbon strings (trebles). The guitar has a fairly recent set of D'Addario EJ45 nylon strings that were removed and returned to it's sleeve that are included.

Please contact me if you have any interest in the guitar, thanks. 

Ron

Top of the page Bottom of the page
elginacres
Posted 2015-01-13 9:56 PM (#504669 - in reply to #504668)
Subject: Re: First year Ovation 1124-4 Country Artist nylon acoustic guitar w/ original case

Pictures?
rcartlidge
Posted 2015-01-14 10:28 AM (#504694 - in reply to #504669)
Subject: Re: First year Ovation 1124-4 Country Artist nylon acoustic guitar w/ original case

The guitar has been SOLD back to the previous owner.
Bluebird
Posted 2015-01-23 2:58 PM (#505017 - in reply to #504668)

Just curious... did it have the square paper label in the soundhole or was it the oval shaped foil version?

Thanks,

Wayne
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)