The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
cc44 tuner problem

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

Bill Melater
Posted 2014-11-17 11:57 AM (#500990)
Subject: cc44 tuner problem

Hi all!
I just obtained a used cc44 (made in China) Celebrity Elite Koa with a OP-4BT Preamp/tuner. The guitar is in mint condition but has an issue with the built in tuner. When I turn it on, the up and down arrows flash as they should, but when I play a string the appropriate note flashes momentarily then the display goes dark. It does this so quickly that there is no time to adjust tuning while the note is displayed. It literally just flashes on then goes dark. I only came across one mention of this exact problem in a different forum and no one could help the poster. Has anyone here come across this? The guitar sounds fine plugged in, so the preamp works (tuner still doesn't work plugged in) and I have tried several different battery brands. I took the preamp out, disconnected and reconnected all removable wires and wiggled all the wires at both ends while trying the tuner. No luck. I contacted Ovation Customer Service here in Canada, but only received an automated response. I have heard that electronics are not covered by warranty, not to mention that I am not the original owner and the guitar was made in China. I have read that the preamp can be purchased for $250 but I'm not willing to pay that just for the tuner. I did look forward to having the convenience of an on-board tuner though and would love to figure this out. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2014-11-17 5:39 PM (#501000 - in reply to #500990)
Subject: Re: cc44 tuner problem

It sounds like you've done all the troubleshooting to isolate it down to the tuner itself. At this point I'd be looking at buying an external tuner. Either a headstock clamp on unit or a floor pedal.
Bill Melater
Posted 2014-11-17 8:11 PM (#501007 - in reply to #500990)
Subject: Re: cc44 tuner problem

Thanks, yeah I have been using a clamp on tuner and love the guitar otherwise so I'm going to live with it. Would be convenient though...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)