The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
advice needed

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

warpaint
Posted 2007-12-08 10:13 PM (#71374)
Subject: advice needed

Hi to all. I am looking at a Legend with a M-7xx number a Balladeer with a very low 0000xx number and a 67 Balladeer. All about the same price/shape. I can only get two. What is the general concensus on which two would be the best to puchase? Thanks for any thoughts you may have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dobro
Posted 2007-12-10 9:58 AM (#71375 - in reply to #71374)
Subject: Re: advice needed

I would start by asking what style do you play and what is the priority: acoustic sound or plugged-in sound? The old Balladeer has GOT to have a killer sound. I've learned that there is endless variety and nuance in the Ovation family. There is no substitute for taking a guitar off the wall and test driving it. True story: I bought an Al Di Meola Signature without playing it (ADII 1769 [2005]) and was not satisfied with the sound. I then bought an Adamas 1581-5 on the strength of raves posted here and am very happy. Go figure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)