The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 12345
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
"007" in the House

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

MusicMishka
Posted 2007-12-20 8:00 AM (#69724 - in reply to #69624)
Subject: Re: "007" in the House

I woke up this morning for the first time in nearly 4 months with absolutely no neck pain...I also have no noise in my ears when I turn my neck for the first time in several years. I can't tell you all what a relief this is! It may not be a permanent cure but I'll take it! Thanks for all the PM's, calls, and good wishes on this forum. I truly appreciate it!
I sat down last evening and did a side to side comparison with the #47 and the 2008-5...Both are awesome; but they are different guitars. The 08-5 is probably the more performance oriented of the two: with the VIP and the balanced acoustic sound, the cutaway and contour bowl, added together make for a great performing guitar ( I have a concert coming up, so I'll discover for myself and report); The #47 RI is simply an elegant guitar! Not to say the 08-5 is not but the difference can be found in the first strum of a chord. The #47 is in a class by itself...no other 6 string Ovation or Adamas guitar that I have owned or experienced comes anywhere near to the sound of this guitar (your mileage may vary)! Being acoustic will require a good mic setup for live app's but for more personal intimate settings, this is off the charts! I love them both and both are permanent members of my guitar household. It's an awesome feeling to be able to sit down with two guitars like this and know thy are both yours! I'm a fortunate man! In many respects, and for those who decided not to read this post, it's cool: I just had to say "Thanks to All"!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jeff W.
Posted 2007-12-20 8:04 AM (#69725 - in reply to #69624)

A relief indeed. Hope you stay uncrinkled.

... ah yes, the 47...
brainslag
Posted 2007-12-20 8:37 AM (#69726 - in reply to #69624)

Originally posted by MusicMike:
The 9158 is made for a round back...the contour sits up accordingly on the bass side which makes the case close only with extra effort! Just my .02 Cent gripe!

:rolleyes:
You'll want to keep a rag or cloth in the case to wipe the neck down after a gig, right? Leave it under the contour of the bowl, then the guitar will fit better.
FlySig
Posted 2007-12-20 10:01 AM (#69727 - in reply to #69624)

Originally posted by MusicMike:
I woke up this morning for the first time in nearly 4 months with absolutely no neck pain...
That's great, Mike. I sure hope it stays pain free for you.
Beggin
Posted 2007-12-20 1:39 PM (#69728 - in reply to #69624)

Glad for ya brother! Hopefully golf in Amelia in March will be in order.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)