The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Open Letter In Praise of Ovation Customer Service Dept. Dear Fender

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Jeff W.
Posted 2007-12-19 12:49 PM (#69519)
Subject: Open Letter In Praise of Ovation Customer Service Dept. Dear Fender

It's been said time and time again; Ovation Customer Service is absolutely World Class. I, personally, have never received better service from any company regardless of the product... They are easily in the same class as SweetWater Music or Apple Computer, both have outstanding customer service, and in my opinion even exceed them in some ways.

I believe any organization would benefit by seeing and understanding, not so much what they do (what they do is done impeccably, however), but how they do it.

I've had a number of guitars in their care for various reasons over the years. Each time I felt extraordinarily well taken care of.

Here are some reasons why:

1. "Real People." The CS folks are friendly and genuinely concerned about their customers and their customer's experience. We know them by name and in many instances have met them in person. They know us by name and face as well.

2. Trust. They are not only highly skilled professionals, but they engender customer loyalty. We, as customers, know our issue will be remedied in a personal, professional and timely manor. I would venture to say that Ovation CS Dept is as much (or more?) responsible for creating the loyal customers here at the OFC as the guitars themselves.

3. Quality. They do incredibly high quality work- all the time at very reasonable prices.

4. Value Added. They always (and there are a hundred stories documented here at this website this) go the extra mile. They always do a little something extra. Just a bit more than expected. We almost are surprised some service or attention to detail we didn't expect. They over-deliver consistently.

I'd like to thank the crew (again) for my most recent experience with them. My guitar was returned today and I just couldn't be more pleased with the care I received and work they did.

Fender could learn a lot from Ovation Customer Service- John, Kim and the luthier staff. I hope Fender takes the time and makes the effort to do so.

Sincerely,
JeffW.
A Loyal Ovation Customer
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2007-12-19 12:54 PM (#69520 - in reply to #69519)
Subject: Re: Open Letter In Praise of Ovation Customer Service Dept. Dear Fender

Amen.
Trader Jim
Posted 2007-12-19 12:55 PM (#69521 - in reply to #69519)
Subject: Re: Open Letter In Praise of Ovation Customer Service Dept. Dear Fender

Well said Jeff. I have had the pleasure of dealing with many repairs and reconditions with the John and Kim show, and every experience has been very positive. They always seem to do more than was originally bargained for, and at a very reasonable price. Nothing but praise from me!
lanaki
Posted 2007-12-19 12:58 PM (#69522 - in reply to #69519)

it's the "personal, professional and timely manor" i am interested in. i could use several extra rooms about now. ;)
Jeff W.
Posted 2007-12-19 1:03 PM (#69523 - in reply to #69519)

yeah.. I found two other typos... but, ran out of "edit" time....
MWoody
Posted 2007-12-19 1:04 PM (#69524 - in reply to #69519)

Customers:

Might remember what you said, but not likely.

Might remember what yuo did, but not likely.

Will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel!

Trust, Speed and Honesty! That's what I have enjoyed through John and Kim and the Management that supports them.
lanaki
Posted 2007-12-19 1:13 PM (#69525 - in reply to #69519)

Originally posted by Jeff W.:
yeah.. I found two other typos... but, ran out of "edit" time....
(wasn't tryin' to be the typo police. that thought just happened to be at the forefront for me. we are in a three bedroom house and we have 8 people here now.)

so as not to railroad this thread any further, i have not had a "mothership" experience yet. i hope to, one of these days. perhaps i will buy an ol' beater and send it in for the miracle treatment. that 1619 posted recently is astounding.
guitarmanrrg
Posted 2007-12-19 1:17 PM (#69526 - in reply to #69519)

You're right on the money!

In a world where most people dont give a rip, it is refreshing to get the service that you get with Ovation.
Waskel
Posted 2007-12-19 1:33 PM (#69527 - in reply to #69519)

Nicely done, Jeffy.
I won't bother describing my experiences, everyone here who has ever sent a guitar in has had the same.
I have never dealt with a CS department that approaches each job request with such enthusiasm. It really reflects their love for what they do.

Never a hint of "we'd rather not do that". If they don't think it's a good idea, they'll tell you. If you want it done anyway, they do it happily. And always go the extra mile.
Weaser P
Posted 2007-12-19 1:37 PM (#69528 - in reply to #69519)

No question about the support they enjoy here and it's well deserved. All one has to do is to do a search and read some of the stories, and there are many, of their efforts. And it's efforts like theirs that create the loyalty anyone can read about endlessly on this site.

Keep it up, guys - there's nobody better!
Charlie Ramon
Posted 2007-12-19 2:00 PM (#69529 - in reply to #69519)

I totally agree. Could not be happier with my Josh White rebuild they made for me a few months ago. Excellent quality, workmanship and communication. I really hope that this success story keeps going on after 1/1.

Karl
stephent28
Posted 2007-12-19 3:16 PM (#69530 - in reply to #69519)

While I don't necessarily see any changes to the way we are treated and the type of quality work performed (post Fender), it would not surprise me to see a jump in the cost of repairs.

Better send them in now!
schroeder
Posted 2007-12-19 4:41 PM (#69531 - in reply to #69519)

I've never had any dealings with CS (tho I may now need a ute given a deep clean). But I am in possession of pics of a certain KK in a grass skirt playing bass in a transvestite band.(One of the uke players was quite cute in a weird sort of way and very reasonably priced.)
MusicMishka
Posted 2007-12-21 9:39 AM (#69532 - in reply to #69519)

Nicely spoken Jeff and right on point! Truely the best!
moody, p.i.
Posted 2007-12-21 9:45 AM (#69533 - in reply to #69519)

it would not surprise me to see a jump in the cost of repairs.

No no no no no. What you say is, "While the repair pricing level is high, so are the results. A good value for both us and the company".

I learning my lesson on this a long time ago......
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)