The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Vets Christmas Caroling

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

MusicMishka
Posted 2007-12-20 11:59 PM (#69213)
Subject: Vets Christmas Caroling

I just got back home from the VA. Hospital in Johnson City, TN. Our choir from church went down on the new transit bus we purchased where we sang Christmas Songs for the patients, families and workers. It was really touching, well received, and appreciated! It will tear your hearts out to see some of these veterans: battle scared and in various states of ill health lying in pain with little hope or family present. We spent about 10 minutes with each: singing (I took the 1688 12), talking, holding a hand, and even a prayer with several who were in terrible pain. Each and everyone had a smile on their face when we left.
In this season of buying, getting, and giving gifts and family get togethers (nothing wrong with any of that mind you) it was so refreshing and humbeling to give a little to those who have given so much! It really makes the season: first of all for them, and second of all for us!
God Bless our Troops and Veterans!
Happy Holidays!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Capo Guy
Posted 2007-12-21 8:33 AM (#69214 - in reply to #69213)
Subject: Re: Vets Christmas Caroling

Way to go Mike. I was at Baptist Hospital in Knoxville yesterday and sang for about 1/2 hour to patients.

I took the Country Artist.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)