The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1869 Home fro the Spa!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

G8r
Posted 2008-01-02 10:07 PM (#64143)
Subject: 1869 Home fro the Spa!

A month and a half ago I sent in my 1869-5 Custom Legend to the Mothership to repair a hairline crack that had appeared on the back of the headstock. Just got it back this evening, and after letting it warm up for an hour (and fidgeting the whole time) I just took her out of the case.

All I can say is - WOW, HOLY S#&T.

The folks in CT are simply amazing. There is absolutely no indication of anything ever having been done to the peghead. Not only that, they reset the neck, so it plays like absolute butter,the best action on any of my guitars. As a bonus, they polished up the top, removing all the swirls and pick marks you can't help but getting on a black finish. It looks brand spanking new, not a mark anywhere, an absolute mirror! They even replaced the rosette, and the abalone on this new one is the most stunning I've ever seen - looking into it seems like your looking into an infinite universe of green, blue and silver clouds. Absolutely amazing. Those of you coming for g8r Jam are in for a treat!

I can't wait to see what they do with my 1619 when I send her up in a few weeks. I can't say enough about the wonderful pros in New Hartford. Many, many thanks to them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thanksforallthefish
Posted 2008-01-02 10:15 PM (#64144 - in reply to #64143)
Subject: Re: 1869 Home fro the Spa!

congrats... get those pictures up when your fingers are tired. I'm sure it's stunning. they made my 85 collectors 12 like new again as well. Now part of Slydog's stable.

the 1537 and 69 shiny 12 should be home in a week or so, I keep checking the bank account for the transaction for the repairs so I have a heads up on when they're shipping back.

The 85 custom classical elite should be on the receiving dock for evaluation and re-set this week, and hopefully will be home in a month or so.

Anticipation....... :D

Glenn
slydog
Posted 2008-01-02 10:43 PM (#64145 - in reply to #64143)

The Conn.crew does an awsome job,they completely rebuilt my old Legend,made my T-bolt good as new and now they have my Tornado.The price is always more than fair imho. Al
CrimsonLake
Posted 2008-01-03 12:06 AM (#64146 - in reply to #64143)

Sly - what are they doing to the Tornado?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)