The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
W597 What's the differene?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

nyfont
Posted 2008-01-14 5:51 PM (#60668)
Subject: W597 What's the differene?

If anyone is familar with this Adamas model, please let me know if there is a difference in how these guitars play and sound from year to year. If I buy an 'o5 is it the same as an 07.

In particular, does the w597 MEII just look different or does it play differently than other W597?
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paulcc1
Posted 2008-01-14 6:04 PM (#60669 - in reply to #60668)
Subject: Re: W597 What's the differene?

I have a W597 I think it's an 05 my problem I like all Ovations and Adamas. So I am not the person to give advice. But I will say this I have never owned a guitar that plays as well and has giant tone then this one. Now I have played other Adamas guitars at the factory tour and there is some awesome sounding guitars there. As far an 05 compared to a 07 I don't know but someone here will help you.
Pauly
Paulcc1
Posted 2008-01-15 7:41 AM (#60670 - in reply to #60668)
Subject: Re: W597 What's the differene?

Hi nyfont as for the difference between the W597 MEII and the W597. the W597 is a crossweave top and the MEII is a woven top. Other than the single Epaulet on the MEII I don't see a difference. Some folks here prefer the woven tops. So I probably confused you even more. Just sit down with both guitars if you can and bring home the one that speaks to ya. Or buy both cant go wrong there.
Pauly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)