The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Missed It?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

bpeder
Posted 2011-01-29 8:05 PM (#2161 - in reply to #2136)
Subject: Re: Missed It?

All's well. Payment was received and #4/12 will be living in the the Twin Cities with me. Al seems to be distinctly "one of the ones"... He's sending the guitar, a T-shirt and a set of strings so I can get the deadsters off there right away!

It's chilly in MN. Windy, dark and cold and the snow is up to my hips. The wife just stands at the kitchen window and stares... If she keeps that up I may have to let her in! Cheers all!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2011-01-30 8:03 PM (#2162 - in reply to #2136)

But, did Al send you the USB stick?
bpeder
Posted 2011-02-02 9:50 PM (#2163 - in reply to #2136)

I'm gonna have to admit I don't know what a USB stick is. From what I can tell of Al, if he could send me something he would.

And anyway, I won't know if he sent it or not. The guitar is stuck in the Chicago area right now like a lot of other people and things. Man what a pounding they took! I'm no stranger to winter weather but that was a whupping...
bpeder
Posted 2011-02-07 10:07 PM (#2164 - in reply to #2136)

My LAV Koa 14 fret arrived today and I'm just blown away. I saw some nice pictures here and there but the actual instrument in my hands is just indescribably beautiful. Like Al said, those tops are outrageous. Nicest figured wood I have ever seen. The neck and fingerboard are flawless, and feel like they have been in my hand for years, not just hours.

The sound is tight - focused and shimmering - Someon called it "glassy" and that's a great word to describe the sound with more bass than I had thought it would have and a bell like, articulate tone in the middle registers. No overtones or muddiness just stunning clarity. It sounds better to my ear than several Lowdens, Taylors, or the dozens of Martins, Guilds and Gibsons I have known and heard played by guys in my bands over the years.

I am absolutely thrilled to have it and I want to publicly thank Al for the great service. He changed the strings and sent an extra, fresh set too and polished the guitar just beautifully. The moment I opened the case I was in love. I'm looking forward to many happy years of enjoyment of this sweet looking sweet sounding Ovation. Cheers all! BP
Waskel
Posted 2011-02-07 10:31 PM (#2165 - in reply to #2136)

Congratulations!
G8r
Posted 2011-02-08 9:13 AM (#2166 - in reply to #2136)

Congrats, glad you like it. May it give you many years of enjoyment.
bvince
Posted 2011-02-08 9:24 AM (#2167 - in reply to #2136)

Congrats on your LAVKOA! "" on the acolades about Al, as he gave me a great deal on my 09 Collector's when they were for sale.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)