The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation N769, who can tell me something about it?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

DetlefMichel
Posted 2014-05-06 12:13 PM (#486309)
Subject: Ovation N769, who can tell me something about it?

I´ve just stumbled on a very beautiful Ovation N769. It´s  obviously a Custom Legend cutaway deep bowl, year of construction 1992. There is only a few information about this guitar, I found it only on one catalog print from Japan, late 1980´s. It has a fine pearl trim on the fretboard, OP24 preamp, and the typical extremely stable V-shape neck of that period. I had several Custom Legend guitars before, also a 1769, but this one has an incredible sound, loud, rich and powerful, I swear the greatest CL I ever had in hands.

That´s why I would be interested in little more information about this model.I never saw a CL with that kind of pearl trim before.

I seem to be too stupid to add photos here, I put some pics in the Album N769 instead.

Edited by DetlefMichel 2014-05-06 12:18 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
marenostrum
Posted 2014-05-07 4:20 AM (#486359 - in reply to #486309)
Subject: Re: Ovation N769, who can tell me something about it?

Nakao series was considered to be the best of the best. Congrats.....
Damon67
Posted 2014-05-07 3:15 PM (#486384 - in reply to #486309)

built for Japanese collectors
TR McCoy
Posted 2014-05-11 1:25 PM (#486532 - in reply to #486309)
Subject: RE: Ovation N769, who can tell me something about it?

I will grant you that I am prejudiced about this, but I believe that, as a series, these are right at the top of the list of the best Ovations ever produced. I just bought one from a gentleman in Oregon three weeks ago after spending almost 12 years of searching for one for sale. I am now the proud owner of three of the ~famous Nakao series. I accidently bought one as a first owner in 1992 and it was my favorite guitar for years. When I finally started digging and found out what it was, I began my quest for more.

That first one N768, the elite side of the series, was the dark tobacco finish and just continued to age beautifully. It took about 4 years until I found another one for sale on eBay. That one was another N768 with the Blonde (Nutmeg) finish) and was just as stunning as my other one. Thus began the quest for an N769 and that was almost 12 years ago. Granted I haven't searched every day over that time, but at least once or twice a week. Last month, there one was and I was blessed that find that it was with a great owner who understood the story and was glad to know what kind of home it was going to. Hallelujah!

The story has always been that there were only about 200 of each N768 and N769s built with the best quad grade spruce that Ovation ever used, and only 50 or so of them stayed in the US. So here I am with 3 of the 400 and I do believe they are the very best overall of the 17 acoustics that I have.

You didn't really say if you picked that N769 up as a owner or just ran into it, but I can tell you that you would probably never regret owning one. Mine will be split up with kids when I leave this mortal coil.

Have a great one!!!!
marenostrum
Posted 2014-05-11 1:55 PM (#486533 - in reply to #486309)

There is a N769 for sale here : http://www.tfoa.eu/the_store/index.php?target=products&product_id=3...
danomyte
Posted 2014-05-12 9:34 AM (#486572 - in reply to #486309)

I am lucky enough to own a NV681 Adamas and absolutely love it, there recently was a N768 on eBay that I would have loved to get my hands on. Wife wouldn't have any of it since I recently bought the 681. Ill just have to wait and wait and wait till next time. Congrats on your grab, that's a sweety.
DetlefMichel
Posted 2014-05-12 12:48 PM (#486582 - in reply to #486572)

Mine is the one from TFOA... I had CL Ovations before but this one is really amazing, that´s why I wanted to know little more about it. Thank you all for your posts. I didn´t know that there also was an Elite style N-Model, again I´ve got one more to look for...GAS will never heal-sigh-
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)