The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Amp Isolation Boxes

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member Communities -> Bottom Feeding Luthiery GuildMessage format

MWoody
Posted 2013-12-07 5:09 PM (#480471)
Subject: Amp Isolation Boxes

Thing Two is for a Valve Jr.

Thing One is for a Blackheart Little Giant 112 5 Watt Amp.

Any ideas on affordable sound dampening and such are welcome. We'll try these at services tomorrow.

Our mobile church sets up in a Gym so controlling sound is an issue. I want to regain the tone control using a Tube amp without stressing out the sound dude.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
dvd
Posted 2013-12-08 9:21 PM (#480490 - in reply to #480471)
Subject: Re: Amp Isolation Boxes

I built my own amp attenuator using an L-Pad.. Popped it in between the amp head unit and standalone speaker cab. This lets you get the cranked amp tone without the volume. Sadly I don't have it anymore or I would pass it along for experimentation. In any event, a simple solder job and inexpensive solution. Google it. Not really an option for a combo amp unless you're willing to modify the internal wiring. But otherwise might be just what you are looking for. There are commercial attenuators, but they all seem pricey.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2013-12-08 9:33 PM (#480491 - in reply to #480471)
Subject: Re: Amp Isolation Boxes

Rockman / Scholz Power Soak works well, but iso boxes have been used for years, very reliable and while the sound is not exactly how the amp sounds when it's free-standing, the control afforded by an ISO box is well worth the effort. When I get my studio up and running I will have ISO boxes under the control room with access via a hatch. Ventilated and suspended, and completely isolated from the control room or sound room.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)