The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation compensation - wide saddle

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

laocmo
Posted 2013-11-26 4:12 PM (#480183)
Subject: Ovation compensation - wide saddle

Recently acquired a like new working Ovation saddle pickup ( wide white top) for a good price. It fits my Elite LX guitar and works great but the compensation profile is completely different from the Elite's original. Any ideas ? Is it possible to move those individual elements around to change the compensation? I never tried. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2013-11-26 6:36 PM (#480188 - in reply to #480183)
Subject: Re: Ovation compensation - wide saddle

When I pulled mine apart the other week, the white bit of the saddle (which I replaced with a black bit) was all one piece. I suspect they are all like that. I don't think you can move them around, but you should be able to get a replacement which matches your original. I paid $15 for a replacement saddle (sans pickup) which looked just the same as the original (apart from the colour).
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2013-11-27 2:43 PM (#480205 - in reply to #480183)
Subject: RE: Ovation compensation - wide saddle

laocmo - 2013-11-26 2:12 PM

but the compensation profile is completely different from the Elite's original. Any ideas ?

Is your original saddle still in good condition?
You can take the saddle off of the pick-up and swap them.
They do come apart.

Just thinking out loud.
laocmo
Posted 2013-12-07 7:52 AM (#480463 - in reply to #480183)
Subject: Re: Ovation compensation - wide saddle

Ovation Rules !! After trying several sources for Ovation parts, dealers, etc. to no avail. Most told me I'd need to order a complete pick-up to get a new saddle, I thought I'd try Ovation Customer Support itself. I thought they had gone out of business. They explained that because the G-string for a classical Ovation has a construction slightly different than a steel string G-string, the saddle is offset a little for that string. So I must have a classical saddle. They offered to send me a new saddle for my Elite-LX for free! I wish them well. I doubt very much if I would get such good service from some foreign guitar company.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)