The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Pics of my CS257..."What color is it?"

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

Gamr23
Posted 2013-11-15 11:24 AM (#479940)
Subject: Pics of my CS257..."What color is it?"

A while back ago I began a hunt for a CS257 in Blue Transparent. My first one was a CC44, (it had electrical problems and I had to return it). My second purchase as a 6868, a real Made in America O...but sadly it didn't work at all. The pre-amp was completely dead in the water, and the bridge pull was the worst I had ever seen on an older instrument, so I returned it as well. (Sad because I am sure in its day it would been a real gem to own) Then I found this sweet CS257 in Dallas Texas, again at a GC. They said it was blue, but it also looked green...in my mind I thought...we it must be a Greenburst so I guess I will get used to it. To my surprise this is what arrived....

Please correct me if I am wrong, because I tried to match this to some other posts asking what color theirs was...some of you posted CADILLAC GREENBURST....honestly (no joking aside because I know some of you labeled this as BLEEN, cute very cute, or ALGAE) is this color actually called CADILLAC GREENBURST? If yes it is a rare color?

Thanks you to all the veteran know how!
Regardless whether you answer or not....I get compliments all the time of how great it sounds, and how much they love this unusual color!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2013-11-15 1:54 PM (#479947 - in reply to #479940)
Subject: Re: Pics of my CS257..."What color is it?"

While Green Transparent may be the official description of the color the reality comes closer to the "commentary" colors such as Bleen, Bluege, Caddilac Green (I think that's a Beal thing) and Algae.

Rarity of colors is impossible to cross check, especially in the Celebs as the serial number and units made stats are non-existant.

The Authouritive List, if you believe in such things, is undoubtably the one compiled by Sir Jerome Galopin on the Best Ovation Site ever:

http://www.ovationtribute.com/Ovation%20&%20Adamas%20Colors/Ovation...
Gamr23
Posted 2013-11-15 5:23 PM (#479952 - in reply to #479940)

I have seen Green Burst Celebs around, but all of them have black as the outer edge color. I read somewhere that over time the black can turn blue, but I can't imagine it could turn this blue as mine is. Regardless I find it rather unique...and unusual...thanks for the comment. I checked the color palettes on this site you suggested, and if anything it may somewhat resemble the Cadillac Green Burst.

Thanks Mwoody

Anybody else want to share your wisdom?
garybob
Posted 2013-12-14 2:35 PM (#480613 - in reply to #479940)

I'm no expert by any means but according to the Ovation website Celebrity Deluxe CS 257 was available in black, blue transparent, cherry burst quilt, natural, plum burst, ruby red burst, and vintage flame.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)