The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Any Users of AER Amplifiers

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Pemo
Posted 2011-02-23 6:43 PM (#2032)
Subject: Any Users of AER Amplifiers

Hi all! It's good to know I'm amoung friends. I live in the Austin Texas area and owned a 92 Collectors Series since the day they were issued, wouldn't trade it for the world. I've been interested in purchasing a decent Amp. for a while now and some friends in the UK have given the AER Amps rave reviews. I'm just wondering if anyones had any experience plugging their Ovations into one. I can't find any retailer stocking them and I'd really like to get touchy feely on one before I shell out $1200.00 for the 60 watt Combo. They also have one that runs on a battery, that sounds interesting. Any info. would be appreciated. Mo:->
Top of the page Bottom of the page
noah
Posted 2011-02-24 2:52 AM (#2033 - in reply to #2032)
Subject: Re: Any Users of AER Amplifiers

Hi! Welcome.

Here's Fred (back in 2007 at an OFC get-together) with my Book Viper and AER Compact Mobile.

I really like the amp. Reliable, high quality, transparent amplification, with no background noise.

The Mobile, at 30 pounds, is almost twice as heavy as the Compact 60, but the Mobile now comes with a well designed gigbag that makes transport easy. Maybe I'm just biased towards my Mobile, but I think it sounds better than its lighter fraternal twin (the Compact 60)... maybe its the dampening factor provided by the sealed lead-acid batteries :) They say that the batteries are easy to change. It has two easy to find sealed 6v batteries (like what's in UPS units or alarm systems... probably the same "brick" that's in my rechargeable weedwacker). The earlier Mobiles had one 12v battery. I'm hoping mine is two 6v... it's time for my 1st battery change. YMMV on how long your batteries last.

There is an AER AG8 on eBay right now. It would be a great amp fronted by a D-TAR Mama Bear or Solstice preamp, or a Radial PZ-Pre, or... :)

Bottom line, AER makes really nice acoustic amps. Ours came sight unseen, but highly recommended, from an AER endorsee.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)