The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Country Artist 6773-LX For Sale. Not An Import!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Patch
Posted 2013-10-25 4:47 PM (#478302)
Subject: Ovation Country Artist 6773-LX For Sale. Not An Import!

If you're jonesing for a nylon sound, chances don't get much better than this crossover instrument. I play 6-strings, 12-strings, mandolin, mandocello and this nylon. The neck is the same width as my 12’er, so I find it easy to switch up. I tried a classical nut (2 inches) for a while, but my muscle memory kept fudging my fingering. That doesn't happen with this instrument.

The 6773-LX is easily one of the more handsome guitars I’ve seen, with that creamy spruce top set off by the tortoise binding and rosette, it dares you not to stare! This instrument sounds great unplugged. Through a sound system, it's bloody matchless!

I bought this one thinking to turn it into another project, but the recession is cranking my chains financially, so this one has to go. (Man, is that last bit becoming the mantra of guitar forums lately or what?)

Anyway, it has one problem which you can clearly see in the pictures. Sometime in the past it took a bang of some sort near the input jack on the bowl. This resulted in some cracking of the bowl that is glued and stable. I sent pictures to John Budny over a year ago, and he told me that it would be an easy thing for them to sand it and make it disappear if I wanted, but the repair seemed necessary for aesthetic reasons only as the guitar plays and sounds just fine.

From the front, this thing looks brand new! I kid you not!

Of course, something like that can be both bad AND good, since it certainly lowers the value, but in this case has no effect on the sound, looks, or playability of the guitar at all.

So in an effort to try and make this easy, I'll ask for $625 shipped in the continental U.S. If you want me to ship it elsewhere, get with me for a quote first.

Take a good look at the pictures. They tell the story better than I can.

One final thing, I'm afraid I don't have much time to mess around, so I have already scheduled an auction on eBay to begin Tuesday night with no reserve. I will post a link when it goes live....

....unless of course someone would rather just buy it here?

Ask any questions. Thanks for looking!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Patch
Posted 2013-10-29 12:38 PM (#478414 - in reply to #478302)
Subject: RE: Ovation Country Artist 6773-LX For Sale. Not An Import!

Sold!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)