The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
CC174 Bass info ?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

ryden
Posted 2013-10-08 5:08 AM (#477803)
Subject: CC174 Bass info ?

Hi, a friend of mine just got this one but it lacks the sticker inside the body so we dont really know which model it is. It has the op24+ preamp and looks like any other cc174 we've found via goolge images
I was wondering why this model doesnt show up on the oficial website as I'd like to find out what is it made of and whether it is USA made or not.
Regards
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dvd
Posted 2013-10-08 10:32 AM (#477814 - in reply to #477803)
Subject: Re: CC174 Bass info ?

Pictures would be a big help here. Look for a serial number on the back of the headstock or inside the guitar up near the neck.

If it is a CC174, it was made offshore and the serial number won't help any further. Per the model reference found in the FAQ area of this site, it was marketed in 1995-1996.

It's also mentioned in the price history file at http://www.ovationguitars.com/images/faq/pricehistory.xls

Welcome aboard!
ryden
Posted 2013-10-08 10:40 AM (#477815 - in reply to #477803)
Subject: Re: CC174 Bass info ?

Thanks dvd !
Yes I found some info about the market years and the pricehistory abput the cc174, but haven been able to find a reliable source for the origin. What confuses me is the preamp, the same as used in some USA models, why this?
It doesnt make much sense in my head hehehe
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)