The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
My new UK2

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> Ovation Electric GuitarsMessage format

cb13
Posted 2013-06-14 7:08 AM (#472540)
Subject: My new UK2

My first post in the main forums after my Welcome center post on May 3rd.  I was looking for a UK2- found one! And then got the itch for an Ovation A/E and found one of those too- Ill post separately about that in the general forum.

Anyway, here's the UK2 I found, 1979 I believe, a great player and cosmetically very good except for the two nicks in the upper body.  My luthier just had to adjust the truss rod to get rid of a little reverse bow in the neck, fine tune the intonations, and good to go! What a great neck and fretboard on these guitars!  And those pickups are great- beautiful smooth distortion and quiet at the same time.  Sounds great through my 1966 Supro model 24 amp!  Nice compliment to my '70 Gibson ES335 and 1996 Fender American Strat.

I'd seen a thread somewhere about how to fix nicks and gouges in the urelite body, but without a definite solution- anybody found something that can be used to filla gouge and be colored to make it disappear a bit? Some kind of foberglass repair stuff that can be colored?

Hopefully I can insert these pix...

UK2 full shot

UK2 body

UK2 neck

Top of the page Bottom of the page
cb13
Posted 2013-06-14 7:10 AM (#472541 - in reply to #472540)
Subject: Re: My new UK2

Huh- pictures didn't work. I followed the instructions to add image URL with the text editor- used URL to the pix on my Shutterfly site- not sure what I did wrong- no time to fix it now- any help?
Damon67
Posted 2013-06-14 11:21 AM (#472547 - in reply to #472540)

Nice guitar Carl.

You're linking to the page the picture is on, not the picture itself. You need to link to an actual image file. This would be an example...

Here is an image file:

http://damon67.com/_Media/dscn0170-2.jpeg

this is the page the picture is on:

http://damon67.com/guitars/adamas/2080-nwt/dscn0170.html

I don't know how shutterfly works, but usually you can right click on the image and copy the image address. Some sites will give you options to share it by giving you a link to embed, or the image address. I didn't see any of that on shutter fly, but then again maybe it is only an option for the account holder.

The other way you could do it is add them to your gallery here, and then do as I just mentioned.

Regardless, that's a badass axe, congrats!
Mark in Boise
Posted 2013-06-14 11:56 AM (#472549 - in reply to #472540)

Assuming it's the same Carl that added some UK2 pics to the gallery, I saw it there. Very nice. Just like the one I just got, except you still have the pick guard, original knobs and the original case? I can't believe how much louder it is than my Viper or Ultra GSs. They sound so weak compared to the UK2, I'm thinking I wouldn't have got them if I'd had a UK2 first.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2013-06-14 12:51 PM (#472553 - in reply to #472540)

This one?

cb13
Posted 2013-06-14 1:03 PM (#472555 - in reply to #472540)

That's it! Thanks- I'll try putting images in the post I want to do about the 87 Collectors you see in my album. Just couldn't stop with the UK2...

Carl
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)