The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Renewing membership

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Dubi
Posted 2013-05-15 11:15 AM (#470493)
Subject: Renewing membership

Hello Gents, I'm back after several years of huge life changes, but one item of my life that has not changed is my appreciation for the Ovation guitar line obviated by my collection of Ovation guitars. I had 14 but gave some away to grandkids etc.

Moody.pi was instrumental in my desire to one day have a 12-string "Bluebird" replica constructed from a Deacon neck and Viper body. Through the fan site I purchased both and sent the 12-string Deacon to a "luthier" in Canada who for some still unknown reason never came through with the pre-paid for replica or returned my 100% funds. I know, I'm stupid..."please don't confront me with my failures, I've not forgotten them."

To get to the point, I have found a true luthier here in the Dallas, TX area, a colleague here with whom I work, who has done four Ovation commissions for me, one being a 12-string conversion of the Deacon attached to a Viper body, in a beautiful blue/fine metallic finish, superbly set up, plays like buttah.

He operates as Scanlon Bros. dot com, name is David Appel, like the apple only different. www.scanlonbros.com Dave then did a six-string conversion to a "Bluebird" replica, which again looks fantastic and plays likewise. The neck for the Bluebird came on a trade back to Paul Moody of his T-head which I had bought from Paul about ten years ago and he whined about it ever since, so we traded guitars and we're both happy now.

I had to do something with the Deacon body so Dave put a six-string blond viper neck on it, painted the body black and his artist did the Ovation leaf pattern in silver and gold (including the "sound holes") Looks great!

Finally my mahogany viper I had painted reverse blueburst with a white pickguard and gold shaller tuners...gorgeous. I will post a picture of all four them when allowed.

Al may remember that I purchased an Adamas I Blue several years ago that he had on his site...still have/play etc.

Cheers to all youse guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2013-05-15 4:03 PM (#470504 - in reply to #470493)
Subject: Re: Renewing membership

Dubi, I'll say your post deserves a quick membership upgrade. Please feel free to visit the other sections.

Please do post some pics. I'm very interested in having a look.
MWoody
Posted 2013-05-15 6:59 PM (#470513 - in reply to #470493)
Subject: Re: Renewing membership

Welcome back!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)