The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
UKII questions

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> Ovation Electric GuitarsMessage format

bcoombs
Posted 2013-03-19 3:01 PM (#468546)
Subject: UKII questions

I recently acquired an early, black UKII (bowties, pickguard intact), and am going to be doing a little dis-assembly and cleaning work on it. A couple of questions for you guys that are much more knowledgable on these (and you know who you are):

1) Any ideas on fixing nicks and dings? There are a few here and there on the body that aren't a big deal, but there are a few on the edge of the bridge cavity of the body, at the bottom of the bridge (where the strings are fed).

2) Anybody have an original UKII case laying around that they don't need anymore? I know this one is a longshot, but I'd love to get it back in an original case. I've read that the Preacher/Viper case might work, but is a pretty tight fit.

3) Anybody still have UKII parts lying around? I think I saw a couple of posts from two years ago or so that Miles might. I might stock up, just in case.

I'm planning on taking pictures sometime this week, so I'll get them posted when I do. Thanks ahead of time for any help/advice.

Brian
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2013-03-19 11:09 PM (#468562 - in reply to #468546)
Subject: RE: UKII questions

bcoombs - 2013-03-19 1:01 PM 3) Anybody still have UKII parts lying around? I think I saw a couple of posts from two years ago or so that Miles might. I might stock up, just in case.

First, congrats on acquiring one of THE BEST electric guitars ever.

I've had a UKII for 30 years. What parts should I have been stocking up on? Sorry, that just seems like such an odd question. Stock up on strings, you don't need spare parts... it's not NASCAR, no pitstops will be needed.

As for fixes on your blemishes, I don't know what can be done but someone might have some ideas, especially after you show some pics with some detail.

Have patience on the case, they show up eventually. I found one once in a pawn shop, the guitar had long been sold. It killed me too, cuz the tag said "White Ovation" It could only have meant a whilte UKII! I bought the case for another member. I'll keep eyes peeled.

bcoombs
Posted 2013-03-20 10:54 AM (#468577 - in reply to #468546)
Subject: Re: UKII questions

Thanks for the response, Damon. I'd been gassing for a UKII for years (reading all of your posts on your UKII over the past several years certainly contributed), and then stopped looking for one a couple of years ago when I was out of work for a few months. Out of the blue, I happened upon a for-sale posting on the internet from a guy (original owner) across the country selling one for 300 bucks. Of course, I had to jump on it. It needs some cleaning and set up, and it's really in pretty good shape, so I know I got a steal on it.

Thanks for keeping a lookout for the case.
Beal
Posted 2013-03-29 1:53 PM (#468976 - in reply to #468546)
Subject: Re: UKII questions

I've heard these were good guitars
bcoombs
Posted 2013-03-29 4:42 PM (#468979 - in reply to #468546)
Subject: RE: UKII questions

Well, you would know...

You wouldn't have an extra case laying around for it, would you?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)