The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1st play of the 40th

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

dwg preacher
Posted 2012-10-29 9:55 AM (#461180)
Subject: 1st play of the 40th

Played the new anniversary Balladeer live for the first time yesterday. Had a couple of people notice it was new and compliment the sound. We did, as I suspected would happen, have some feedback issues from the new mic onstage, and I'm going to experiment with a couple of diferent mics in the next few weeks, but I'm sure I will have to install a pickup eventually. I searched the archives for comments about the aftermarket pickups others like, but haven't found much yet. Anyone have an opinion to share?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2012-10-29 8:16 PM (#461230 - in reply to #461180)
Subject: Re: 1st play of the 40th

Mics onstage was why Ovation went to undersaddle pickups. The best way (not necessarily the cheapest) would be to install an Ovation pickup. You could use one of the thinline models without any major bridge surgery (just drill a little hole under the saddle), but installing the thicker pickup would involve some careful routing so you didn't screw up the intonation.

Installing an Op-Pro involves major bowl surgery (not for the faint hearted), but you could install a two-knobber with a drill.

Or you could just send it to New Hartford and get them to do it.
dwg preacher
Posted 2012-10-30 10:23 AM (#461257 - in reply to #461180)
Subject: Re: 1st play of the 40th

Thanks. I wouldn't want to get into that kind of project myself, and I honestly don't know anyone here in Denver I would trust with that kind of job. I like the isea of having New Hartford install one. I'll look into that. Cost may be prohibitive for me, though. I have had a couple of people suggest the K&K Pure Mini. It is right along the lines of what I had in mind, and I am kind of partial to passive electronics anyway... There is a shop that I frequent that carry them, and they will install it for around $200 out-the-door.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)