The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Chazmo
Posted 2012-10-22 8:15 PM (#460909)
Subject: Hello!

Hi OFCers!

I'm Charlie from central Massachusetts.

I will admit up-front that I am an outsider here. I was largely ignorant of the history of Ovation guitars prior to 2008, but I have managed to pick up a thing or two since then. For those who don't know, 2008 was the point when Guild production started ramping up in New Hartford and that's where the histories of these two great guitar companies finally intersected.

In 2010, I helped to organize the first of what has become an annual shop tour event for LetsTalkGuild.com members. In the process (and since then), I have met several illustrious OFCers and many of the wonderful New Englanders who built your Ovations in NH.

I hope to engage you in some discussion here about the business as time goes on. My best wishes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Patch
Posted 2012-10-22 8:49 PM (#460910 - in reply to #460909)
Subject: RE: Hello!

Good to meet you Chazmo!

I'm not a mod, so I can't clear you for the rest of the site, but I can welcome you until a mod comes along.

I've been to the factory numerous times in the last few years. And though I only show up to drop off and pick up Ovations, I'd have to be a dead man not to admire some of the Guilds I've seen there.

Damon67
Posted 2012-10-22 11:05 PM (#460918 - in reply to #460909)
Subject: Re: Hello!

All clear. Welcome to the club.

And yes, I've seen those shiny new Guilds in person at the factory too. A New Hartford built D-55 is on my short list.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-10-23 12:56 AM (#460925 - in reply to #460909)

Charlie from central Massachusetts eh???? So his fate is finally learned.... Congrats on finally getting off that train

(Likely only folks from the Northeast are gonna understand this).

Welcome Charlie...
Chazmo
Posted 2012-10-23 5:57 AM (#460928 - in reply to #460909)

Thanks for the welcome, Patch, Damon, and Miles, and best wishes!

Hehehe.... Yeah, my train rolled out of Boston a long time ago, Miles, although I think I might've actually been busking in Harvard Sq. station when it came through. I tend to think I'm still riding, though, and my fate remains unlearn'd. It's been a long, (mostly) good ride so far.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)