The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello looking for bread winner info.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

jaime b
Posted 2012-10-09 12:01 PM (#460169)
Subject: Hello looking for bread winner info.

Hi There, I'm Jaime and i found your site and must say it is good to see loyal fans of these guitars. i have owned an ovation in the past. i enjoyed it very much. i am here though today s i have been given a ovation breadwinner to repair for a friend. this is the first one that i have seen and /or worked on.. this one is haveing electronic issues. the three way switch was damaged when i got  it and also one of the original single coil pick ups have been replaced with a real cheap hummbucker. My intensions are to restore this guitar to its original electrical design and am hoping that someone here can give me some info as to where to aquire some parts or other info.. thank you verymuch for reading this.. jaime.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-10-09 12:04 PM (#460170 - in reply to #460169)
Subject: Re: Hello looking for bread winner info.

Hello Jaime B. Congrats on the Breadwinner. I have pickups but the electronics are going to be tough to find. Your best bet would be to search ebay and craigslist for a ratted out Breadwinner that still has the electronics and combine the parts to make a good one.
jaime b
Posted 2012-10-09 12:17 PM (#460171 - in reply to #460169)

Hi Mlies Thank you for the speedy reply! If you can give me a price on a pick up so i can relay this to the oner i=of this guitar that would be grest. from my research it looks like i have one of the early modles with single coild pickups in it. the one remaining pickup has a crome cover with black teeth like cutoust decorating one side of it opposite the screws on the face of the pickup. as for the electronics section it is accually inact but needs two battery plugs (radio shack) and the three way board mounted toggle switch. this has proved to be a difficult find. who every had th guitar befor must have dropped it and bent the toggle switch arm. not being able to find a sitable replacement i have actually disassembled the switch straightened the arm and reassembled it. it now clicks into all three positions smoothly but will not stay locked into the last position. it pops out as soon as you release it. i may have to take it apart again and make some adjustments to the (what i call ) rocker plate to allow this to lock into position. but was hoping that is someome here has a blown out pre amp section that would like to part with it i may be interested. i dont car about any other part of the boards accept the switch. again thank you for you time and let me know your thoughts jaime
jaime b
Posted 2012-10-09 12:19 PM (#460173 - in reply to #460169)

no way to edit that i can see so ill rewrite this part. If you can give me a price on the pick
up so i can relay this info to the owner of the guitar that would be great.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-10-09 12:38 PM (#460177 - in reply to #460169)

I believe I have the toggle as well... email me to mileskb at aol.com I'll go look for the parts and respond to your email.

Oh and I upgraded your account so you have full access now as well.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-10-09 12:45 PM (#460178 - in reply to #460169)

FWIW, I just confirmed I have the pickups and switch. Email me at mileskb at aol.com
MWoody
Posted 2012-10-09 2:22 PM (#460188 - in reply to #460169)

Jaime B,

Take a look at www.ovationtribute.com and you will see the several variations of the Breadwinner and Deacon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)