The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hi from an Ovation newbi (almost ..) from Germany

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

frank p aus h
Posted 2012-09-30 6:35 AM (#459783)
Subject: Hi from an Ovation newbi (almost ..) from Germany

(I don't have to explain the lack of perfection writing English ... I guess you poor guys are used to it ... ;-) )

I recently bought my second Ovation (Standard Balladeer 2771AX-CCB from Korea) and really like it.
It is a project now rather than a complete guitar, but playable an mechanically complete.

I will have to search for parts to make it the stage player I was looking for. I guess Shadow SH 066-9 will be a good choice to rebuild the piezo, not sure iDea or OP-Pro (which initially had been installed) or OP30 will make it to the preamp section, depending on how succeful my efforts to get a fitting can will be, I would like the OP30, if noone is going to warn me :-), just because it is lighter and less extrudent than the OP-Pro.

My other Ovation is a black 73 Breadwinner, quite a heavy load on my shoulders, but an excellent sounding player.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2012-09-30 7:32 AM (#459787 - in reply to #459783)
Subject: Re: Hi from an Ovation newbi (almost ..) from Germany

Welcome Frank. The Op-Pro is a better preamp than the Op30. I'm not sure an Op30 will fit in the same can. Don't worry about your English, most of our members are American.
frank p aus h
Posted 2012-09-30 9:49 AM (#459789 - in reply to #459783)

Thanx for your welcome!
... seems, a member of this community will be my supplier for a OP-Pro can, which pushes me further into the Pro direction. Any idea what is happening to the XLR/balanced/phantom power connector in the 2771AX-CCB ?? There doen't seem to be a xlr connector originally installed ...
TAFKAR
Posted 2012-10-01 10:22 PM (#459886 - in reply to #459783)

The Op-Pro Studio has the XLR connector, the standard Op-Pro doesn't. If you want XLR, then you need to go for the Op-Pro Studio or VIP preamps. Alternatively, you can buy a little box that converts the unbalanced signal to balanced.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)