The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Academy KA-17 & Arcane Matrix case

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member Communities -> Bottom Feeding Luthiery GuildMessage format

seesquare
Posted 2012-09-29 3:58 PM (#459766)
Subject: Academy KA-17 & Arcane Matrix case

Howdy Campers,
I have acquired another KA-17, in really good condition. I am posting this in the BFLG baliwick, since technically, I did do a little modication & repair on the critter. The tuner rollers were cracked, so I epoxied them back together, and thought, "Hey, I can prevent this from happening again", so I made a set of metal sleeves to guard the rollers. Seems to be working well, so far.
Now, to the Conundrum & Mystery Department. The Academy came in this brown, molded Matrix case. Obviously not the top-of-the-line model, but intriguing, to be sure. My perusal of the archives reveals no pictures or written history of these all-plastic polyethylene cases, but it IS labeled MATRIX, so I'm curious if anybody out there knows of the origins of these case, if they were for a specific Matrix model, or any other info. Jerome's site doesn't have anything on this, so I'm figuring these cases may be relatively uncommon. Oh yeah, and it qualifies for BFLG, too. I adjusted the plastic latches with SWMBO's hair dryer!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
nikon4004
Posted 2013-11-02 12:48 PM (#479574 - in reply to #459766)
Subject: Re: Academy KA-17 & Arcane Matrix case

I had a Matrix 12 string and it came with the same case. Problem was that the handle was week, and little nubs that when into the case finally brok off after time. Never did figure out how to get a new handle on it so I just strung a piece of rope through the holes
ksdaddy
Posted 2013-11-02 1:50 PM (#479576 - in reply to #459766)

I've got a black one labeled Applause.
seesquare
Posted 2013-11-02 5:40 PM (#479582 - in reply to #479576)

Thanks, Guys. Only a year later, too! S'OK, though, I've still got the critter. Probably out-of-character, for me. Those Academy instruments are truly amazing- "sound better than they should". Cheers!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)