The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Vintage 1981 Ovation Adamas II

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

KV
Posted 2012-08-28 8:07 PM (#458377)
Subject: Vintage 1981 Ovation Adamas II

Hi there,

I joined here a while back and have been enjoynig all the useful information and good spirit of fellow roundback enthusiasts. I'm interested in participating in some discussions at some point, so I figured that I'd make my first post here so I can (hopefully) get acess to post in the rest of the forums as well.

I currently have an Adamas 1597 (it sports an Ovation logo on the headstock) that I absolutely love, excellent build quality, great looking ruby red finish and a sound that can't be beat (I'm a home player and usually play unplugged).

I've heard it said that the textured tops are even better sounding than my smooth top, so I'm considering the guitar in the subject line (currently listed on Ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1981-Ovation-Adamas-II-/11094335650...). It appears to be in pretty nice shape with the exception of one of the epaulets peeling away from the top. I get the impression that this can probably be remedied failry easily with some super glue or something like that. Might this be indicative of other potentail issues? Maybe it was kept in an environment that was too dry?

I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts about this guitar. Other things I'm considering are a used Kaki King model or getting an Ovation 12 string, since I don't have a 12 in my arsenal.

Thanks in advance...

Kevin
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2012-08-28 9:06 PM (#458385 - in reply to #458377)
Subject: Re: Vintage 1981 Ovation Adamas II

That's a very nice looking Adamas. I had one guitar where the epaulet cracked and popped up ... I was able to glue it back down (I think I used Loctite as recommended by someone in the know) and it never resurfaced as a problem. As for symptomatic of other issues, probably not. The fret ends looked OK and all that. I think you'd be stunned by the step up from your SMT, as good as that is.

Welcome to the forum.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)