The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
new to this and seeking info!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

iLIKEit
Posted 2012-07-18 10:03 PM (#456824)
Subject: new to this and seeking info!!

I recently got an Ovation Custom Balladeer #1755 and am interested in finding out more about this guitar. It has what seems like a white kind of paint job on the face and the guitar is in really really good condition and sounds awesome. I have some pictures and am honestly hoping to kind of find out about how much this guitar is valued at. I am not much of an acoustic guitar player and this guitar seems much to nice to be wasted on me when I know there has to be an ovation lover out there who would love to have this guitar and would enjoy it more than me. Any information would be great, thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2012-07-19 12:06 AM (#456825 - in reply to #456824)
Subject: Re: new to this and seeking info!!

The "value" of the guitar is always subjective.
When it was New, it was worth $800 - $1300.
Now? It's cash value can vary with the day of the week.

You can maybe find the value by looking at "completed listings" of similar guitars on eBay.
Or you could list it with a really high reserve and see how high the bidding goes...

As far as the guitar being "wasted" on you...
If that was a criteria for owning Nice guitars, I shouldn't have ANY!
iLIKEit
Posted 2012-07-19 12:42 PM (#456839 - in reply to #456824)
Subject: Re: new to this and seeking info!!

I guess wasted wasn't the best word to use. More like I don't appreciate this guitar as much as I know someone will and to me that isn't right. For example I have 3 young children(all boys) who won't stay out of my home studio because all they want to do is jam. So, when I saw how nice this guitar was and how well it was taken care of I wiped it down, put it in its case and under my bed its been hiding from sticky fingers for 5 years now. Not that they would even intentionally harm it but as we all know accidents do happen and that is why there is no longer a ceiling fan in my home studio. Point being, I am not greedy and am not looking to squeeze every last penny out of this guitar if it is indeed going to someone who has been wanting a model like this and will take care of it and use it and love it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)