The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas accoustic

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Scottb
Posted 2012-03-03 7:31 PM (#451382)
Subject: Adamas accoustic

Im looking for some information on an Ovation Adamas1 model 1687-8 ser#706-93.the guitar was given to my son by my 97 yr. Old grandmother. It belonged to my uncle who passed away last yr. He was an Elvis impersonator in the 70s. It was purchased at a pawn shop in Nashville for $900.(I have the receipts). I have no intension of selling the guitar, as I promised my grandmother we wouldnt. Its in immaculate condition,just a little dirty from being stored for so long. It also has the brown ovation case in good cond. also. I have it at a shop now being cleaned and any adjustments,and restringing being done. Its a beautiful guitar and my son is excited to get it back. So if theres anything you guys can enlighten me with,I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank-you, Scott
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2012-03-03 8:11 PM (#451386 - in reply to #451382)
Subject: Re: Adamas accoustic

One of the best sounding and playing guitars ever. Congrats!

Make sure the shop puts a new battery in too while they're detailing it (hopefully they'd do it anyway but you never know).

I'll bet there are some really great stories in that guitar. Here's hoping your son adds a few more chapters.

Welcome to the OFC.

Nick B.
Posted 2012-03-03 9:05 PM (#451388 - in reply to #451382)

Based on the serial number (706), it was built in 1979. The two digits after the serial number (93) have to do with the resonate frequency of the top. I'm not sure how high that value can be, but as I understand it the higher the better and the highest I've ever seen was 99. We'd sure love to see pictures of it. Welcome to the group.
Scottb
Posted 2012-03-04 7:03 AM (#451408 - in reply to #451382)

Ill be glad to send pics as soon as I get it back from the shop. Thanx for the info. Any idea on its value? Should I insure it? I see that new ones go for around $3000 or better.
Nick B.
Posted 2012-03-04 8:30 AM (#451410 - in reply to #451382)

The Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars puts the value of one in excellent condition at $1750.00 to $2000.00. We've seen them sell for more and less. I think for insurance purposes, 3k is about right. You'd have to decide if insuring it is the right thing to do.
Scottb
Posted 2012-03-04 8:33 AM (#451411 - in reply to #451382)

You just never know,being played by an 18 yr. Old metal head. Odd combination huh? But dont get me wrong,hes not an abusive player
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)