The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT Ning Content
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    The Ovation Fan Club -> AnnouncementsMessage format

Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-02-24 4:25 AM (#450923)
Subject: IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT Ning Content

Good News, or at least I think it's good news.

I found a utility allowing me to download almost all of the content on Ning.  Almost because the tool is limited to the last 10,000 items in each section and there are 12,000+ photos so I can only download 10,000 of them.

I'm not exactly sure at this point what to do with the media or how to migrate it, but GETTING it is at least 1/2 the battle.

The tentative plan is to upload the photos and media onto this server (OvationFanClub.com) if not directly into current users photo albums as example, then at least into a folder with some way of people getting to their old files.

This includes Video and Audio files as well.

At the very least, I will be able to scan all of the posts on these forums for references to files currently on Ning.  I'll then be able to upload those files to a folder on OvationFanClub.com and update those references to point to the media in it's new location so there won't be any broken links.

Also, I still have the contents of the old version 1 Gallery photos.  Those have already been upload with the exception of a few that were currupted along the way so posts that reference the old Gallery photos should still work.  I'm still working on these so there may be a few broken links in the archive for threads prior to 2006-ish but most should be ok by time I'm done.  And as I mentioned, there were a few currupted files, likely never linked anyway, but it's hard to tell at this point. 

10+ years of data is a lot of data.

Thanks for everyone's patience during the recent transition.  I'll keep updating as I make progress with the Ning content.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)