The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New member Greetings from India

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

samit
Posted 2012-02-22 11:52 PM (#450878)
Subject: New member Greetings from India

Hi everyone!

I hasn't been long since I discovered this forum. I'm really glad that I could be part of the OFC.

I've been playing Ovation for about 6 years and my first ovation was the 1597 adamas. Recently bought a C2078AX rtd custom elite (on it's way)to take advantage of the deep contour bowl. Sorry guys I could not find a new LX but I later found that I just missed the Old Man Arthur's natural custom elite in great condition selling here!

I've used my adamas for recordings and while touring for all these years and now the finishing of the top is less to be desired. I was wondering if I could get the refinishing done and also get the wood markers installed. I purchased the adamas from guitartrader.com and it was an import since I'm from India. Now the question is whether I should call ovation directly for a quote or will I have to get the job done through guitartrader.com

I'd also like to get input from those who have actually got the refinishing done, how was their experience and the cost for getting the job done.

I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks for your time.

Samit
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2012-02-23 1:21 AM (#450881 - in reply to #450878)
Subject: Re: New member Greetings from India

Hi Samit... If you bought your 1597 new, I would send an email to Ovation and see what happens.

Look Here... and pick your best address.

But I would also try contacting that seller too. Do both and see which one has the best answer.

And yeah... I woulda liked to keep the 2778LX in the family, but it is gone now.
samit
Posted 2012-02-23 9:24 AM (#450889 - in reply to #450878)
Subject: RE: New member Greetings from India

Hi Old Man Arthur!

Thanks for the link. I contacted guitartrader.com today but unfortunately they don't undertake refinishing job. Yes the 1597 was bought new and being a USA model I hope ovation considers the job for the overseas buyer.

..... and I needed that natural 2778lx badly, at the time you listed it here I wasn't the member and then you didn't offer international shipping on ebay. The new owner must have been delighted with the purchase! I guess I can live with the c2078ax rtd and feel that it's one of the best looking ovations!

Thanks again.

Samit
Damon67
Posted 2012-02-23 2:24 PM (#450896 - in reply to #450878)
Subject: Re: New member Greetings from India

Welcome Samit. You're able to post throughout the site now, so feel free to ask the question in the main "General" section.

Also, be sure to give a review of that AX once you've acclimated to it.
samit
Posted 2012-02-23 8:59 PM (#450909 - in reply to #450878)

Hi Damon67. Thanks for providing me access throughout the OFC. I've been learning about ovation guitars for the last 6 years but still have few questions. Would definitely post in the general section from now.

The c2078ax should reach India within 2 weeks but the custom clearance process is slow. It may take another 2 weeks. I'd be happy to review the guitar once I receive it. It would be interesting to see how custom elite with it's xlr output performs compared to the 1597 which also has xlr ouput but an older op50 preamp.

Samit
samit
Posted 2012-02-25 6:34 AM (#450974 - in reply to #450878)

I got a reply from ovation and they provided an estimate of at least $1500 just for the fret inlays and refinishing the top! .... I laughed as I only paid $1599 for the guitar and the question of spending this much does not arise unless I'm very much desperate for now. I forgot to add that the top has just got minor scratches all over and I discovered they can be buffed.

I also found a great website: www.inlaystickers.com and I've requested the guy to make custom adamas style inlays which could be had for under $10. They already have the snowflake inlays which I like but want something traditional so I requested for the custom job.

Samit
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)