The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New User - Metro Detroit

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

lp_bruce
Posted 2012-02-17 3:45 PM (#450494)
Subject: New User - Metro Detroit

Very cool site and glad I found it.

I’m a long-time Ovation player and recently revisiting the brand. I have an Ovation Balladeer that I’ve owned since about 1990, but at some point the electronics went wonky and the soundboard cracked, so it was relegated to camping guitar duty. I replaced it with a Yamaha which has been a very nice gig guitar. About a year ago it got run into by an amplifier and it cracked on the edge of the soundboard/side. I had it repaired, but it recently cracked again (rats) and I’m playing a lot more acoustic these days. The Yamaha still plays and sounds fine, but I thought a backup was in order.

I love the neck on my Balladeer, so when I saw a deal on a barely used CC057 I jumped on it. When it’s unplugged, it sounds like plastic. But plugged in and EQ’d properly, it sounds great. I’m very pleased, so much so that I expect I’ll be using it a lot on stage.

I live in Metro Detroit and play in three bands, The Robin Moore Band (americana), Brother’s Inc. (classic rock), and Madigan’s Attic (traditional Irish).

Peace,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Patch
Posted 2012-02-17 3:49 PM (#450495 - in reply to #450494)
Subject: RE: New User - Metro Detroit

Welcome Bruce! If you're anything like the rest of us, you'll have two different Ovations for each of your bands within about a year.
Damon67
Posted 2012-02-17 3:56 PM (#450497 - in reply to #450495)
Subject: RE: New User - Metro Detroit

patchmcg - 2012-02-17 1:49 PM ...If you're anything like the rest of us, you'll have two different Ovations for each of your bands within about a year...)

2? That's all? Guess I went a bit overboard.

Welcome Bruce. You're still a newbie, but now you can post with the rest of us throughout the site. 

lp_bruce
Posted 2012-02-17 4:32 PM (#450503 - in reply to #450494)
Subject: Re: New User - Metro Detroit

Thanks for the welcome and access. Much appreciated.

I don't think I'll make it up to two per band because I have a strict "use what you buy" policy that makes things easier between Ms. lp_bruce and I. As it is, I've got four electrics, three six-string acoustics, and a 12 string. BUT as I said, I've always loved the way they feel in my hands (which is critical to me) and I'm a fan of that signature Ovation sound. So you never know...

Peace,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)