The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Member, from Houston, Tx

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

jwhitt63
Posted 2012-02-12 10:08 AM (#450029)
Subject: New Member, from Houston, Tx

Hello all, i have been in and out of this web site for a few years now and finally registered. I have a black Preacher Deluxe that i aquired in 1986. I traded a Fender Mustang for it and have had it ever since. The serial number is E 12740 and ibelieve it to be a 1977. I do like the guitar but i want a 6 string acoustic with electronics so i am considering a trade and or sell the guitar. I have the original case and she plays well and everything works on it, no issues other than normal wear and tear. Could anyone date this guitar and give me a ballpark on value. I will send or post pictures if anyone wants to see it. Thankyou in advance for any information i can get on this guitar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2012-02-12 12:59 PM (#450039 - in reply to #450029)
Subject: Re: New Member, from Houston, Tx

Welcome. Black Preacher Deluxe is quite a looker of a guitar. I don't follow the pricing close enough to give a definitive answer, but I will say that in a trade situation you should be able to score are pretty nice USA acoustic with modern electronics. Maybe some folks here would be interested so watch your PMs. You can always put it up on eBay for what YOU think it's worth and see what happens. With all higher-end Ovations, it's always "right buyer - right time".
Patch
Posted 2012-02-12 12:59 PM (#450040 - in reply to #450029)
Subject: RE: New Member, from Houston, Tx

Welcome!

I'm not an electric guy, so I can't help much with a price, but posting pictures will definitely help when one of the electric OFC'ers logs in and takes a look.

It might also be helpful if you give some ideas about what you would like in an acoustic model. If you don't have specific models in mind, describe what you are looking for and how you intend to use it....at home, gigging out, church, solo, band, etc.
Nick B.
Posted 2012-02-12 1:05 PM (#450041 - in reply to #450029)

Hello and welcome to the group. The serial number puts in between 1975 and 1980.  I suspect you already knew that, however I don't know of any way to narrow it down further.  Your estimate of 1977 may very well be correct. As far as value, I'll defer to someone more experienced in Ovation electrics. You can always do a search of completed listings on eBay to give you an idea of what they're selling for there. It might help others estimate the value if you post pictures. We love pictures.

Edited by Nick B. 2012-02-12 1:08 PM
jwhitt63
Posted 2012-02-12 2:25 PM (#450054 - in reply to #450029)

I dont think i can post pictures at this time, but i am trying.
jwhitt63
Posted 2012-02-12 2:33 PM (#450057 - in reply to #450029)

E+5 Digits = 1975 (Feb)-1980 Solidbodies is about as close as you can get.

Click the "attach file after posting" or use the Rich Text Editor to post photos.
Patch
Posted 2012-02-12 2:41 PM (#450059 - in reply to #450029)

The photos have to be under 200kb in size.
jwhitt63
Posted 2012-02-12 2:45 PM (#450060 - in reply to #450029)

how about some pics on photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/preacherdeluxe
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-02-12 2:55 PM (#450061 - in reply to #450060)

From the 4th entry down in the FAQ .

Q: What is my Ovation guitar worth?

A: This is probably the most frequently asked question, and the hardest to answer. Worth is very subjective and changes rapidly with fickle markets. What something ultimately is worth is a combination of what one person is willing to pay versus what another person is willing to accept. Many factors, not the least of which is the actual condition of the guitar, will affect the selling price. There are so many other factors involved in pricing a musical instrument. Is is collectable? Is it rare? Is it popular?

The best way to get an idea of what your guitar might sell for is to use the "Completed Auctions" feature of eBay Search to see what similar models have sold for recently. Other online resources include www.gbase.com and www.guitarlist.com. Your best bet, unless you need it appraised for insurance or other reasons, is to try and ask yourself "How much is this instrument worth to me?" More value related resources include the "The Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars" and "The Blue Book of Electric Guitars" both edited by S. P. Fjestad and available in paperback by Gurney Brown. There is also the software version "The S-Book of Guitars" by S. P. Fjestad. Click here to connect to Blue Book Publishing, Inc.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)