The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Ovation Owner and Loving IT!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Geetarism
Posted 2012-02-01 7:05 PM (#448884)
Subject: New Ovation Owner and Loving IT!!

Figured I'd introduce myself to everyone.

HOW I GOT HERE:
Played an Ovation 2 weeks ago in GC and left with an changed impression and new guitar (Elite T all black). The thing blew me away with its unplugged sound and completely comfortable body and neck. It was between the ELite and the Martin 000CXE. Though the Martin had a warmer tone unplugged it was eradicated once I plugged-in the Ovation and heard it in full stride. I starting pulling off artifical harmonics with ease! I felt like I was paying my Les Paul but more comfortable. From Slipknot to BB to STP this thing just sounded awesome! I am now a HUGE ovation fan! The comfort factor has made hours of playing and writing an absoulte joy!

Interestingly, I had played one about 15 yrs ago while working at a camp and found it thin sounding and uncomforable. Have no idea what model it was but had a real shallow body. These memories have been eradicated!

WHERE IM GOING:
I am in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham CHapel Hill) NC area and have been playing about 20yrs (mostly hard rock, metal, alt rock and grunge). I've been aggressively writing originals (instrumentals) and collaborating with another local musician and preparing for my first live preformance in years (since college)!! I write most of the music and he does all the lyrical stuff (Yuk). I do some song breakdowns on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/geetarism?feature=mhee and have some stuff on Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=geetarism

I hope to ge ta review of the ovation soon and give it its due props.

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning and helping when I can.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Darkbar
Posted 2012-02-03 12:00 AM (#448885 - in reply to #448884)
Subject: Re: New Ovation Owner and Loving IT!!

Welcome.
Funny, between my old folks songs and your younger stuff, we got the tutorial stuff going on...something for everyone. Have fun here (just no bed reviews please)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)