The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hi, and info re ovation 1986 collector's edition

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

aussiefred
Posted 2012-02-05 10:33 PM (#448790)
Subject: Hi, and info re ovation 1986 collector's edition

Hi,
I'm glad I stumbled across your forum - great info.

My first ovation was a 1986 collector's edition, which I stumbled across about 15 years ago in Cogee Guitar City South of Sydney NSW). It was my first real true quality guitar-I could play it all day and night, it was such a great instrument. Unfortunately it, (and my Kai Yari) was stolen. I bought a Cole Clark FL2, which was superb, nice to play with great sound. It had to go to pay for kids stuff. Ouch!

I have an average epiphone acoustic and a takamine, which we use as the BBQ guitars.

I have played a few ovations in a shop or two- mostly standard balladeers. Here in Australia, the supply of Ovations (at least my location) is limited. I've reasearched various models, but are not in supply locally.

My question, and sorry for the long winded intro:

My next guitar will be an ovation, but what model(s) should I be looking at that would be of comparable quality to the 1986 collector's edition?
Can you recommend an Ovation dealer that frieghts to Australia?

cheers
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick B.
Posted 2012-02-06 3:30 AM (#449587)
Subject: Re: Hi, and info re ovation 1986 collector's edition

Hello and welcome to the group. I haven't had any super-shallow bowls, so I can't make any informed recommendations, however if you find something you like check with Al at Lost Art Vintage. I've bought a couple of guitars from Al and would recommend him highly. Here's a link to his website: Lost Art Vintage
aussiefred
Posted 2012-02-06 8:53 PM (#449588 - in reply to #449587)

Thanks for the welcome, and the link.
So many ovations...where does one start?
Posted 2012-02-08 9:26 PM (#449589 - in reply to #449587)

I'm the original owner of a 1985 Legend 1717. I recently put a new set of strings on it and notice string buzzing. Went to Guitar Center and purchased another set of strings. The clerk said I possibly need to adjust the truss rod. The problem is...I cannot turn the adjustment either way. I was hoping someone had a suggestion. I've viewed several videos on YouTube, etc. and they do not seem to have any problems adjusting the rod. If you can help, I'd certainly appreciate it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)