The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Updates

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> AnnouncementsMessage format

Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-02-01 8:33 AM (#448677)
Subject: Updates

Hello Everyone, and welcome to our friends from the HamerFanClub and others who have joined. Al and I are working on some treats for the board so stay tuned for Interviews, some serial/model lookup information, and pictures over the next couple of months.

Also, as a reminder, there is a dedicated "Sell/Trade" area and those with items for sale should "create a new topic" under the "sell trade" area for each item, for best visability.

Again welcome to all the new folks.
and STAY PLUGGED IN!!!!

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: Mr. Ovation ]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-03-07 3:40 AM (#448678 - in reply to #448677)
Subject: Re: Updates

Hello Ovation Fans,
As promised in an attempt to keep this board “fresh” as the kids say, an intuitive Serial Number, and Model Number resource has been added. We extracted the information from several sources, and I believe it’s as accurate as one can get. If anyone sees any discrepancies, please let me know.

Thanks and Stay Plugged In!!
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-03-11 9:10 PM (#448679 - in reply to #448677)

Hello Again,
I have updated the Model section of the reference material. It's getting more accurate, and I will continue to work on it. Please stay tuned.

Miles
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-03-13 4:24 PM (#448680 - in reply to #448677)

I have redesigned and updated the Reference section adding a small FAQ.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-03-22 1:13 PM (#448681 - in reply to #448677)

Some navigation tips have been added to the FAQ which can be found under the REFERENCE section.

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: Mr. Ovation ]
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-04-05 12:58 PM (#448682 - in reply to #448677)

A section for the early Admamas "slotheads" was added to the Reference section under serial and model information.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-01-30 2:03 PM (#448683 - in reply to #448677)

Just a few updates to start off the 2nd year of operation.

[list]

[*]A new section in the reference area has been added that covers the Collectors series including the "total number of guitars produced" for each year.
[*]I added code to the site to deal with the occational annoyance of when a person gets directed here to a particular page via use of a search engine they don't see the NAVIGATION buttons. Now they will be re-directed so they get to see the navigation pane as if they typed "www.OvationFanClub.com."

[/list]
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-01-31 10:53 AM (#448684 - in reply to #448677)

A busy day in programming land. The site has been re-arranged slightly to support some upcoming features and offerings this year. You will notice a "MEMBERS ONLY" navigation button for those features. The INTERVIEWS button has been moved to the LINKS area, and the LINKS area no longer includes the "MEMBERS ONLY" features.

Remember, "change is good" :)
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-02-05 12:03 PM (#448685 - in reply to #448677)

Some Quick Updates....

The ability to view profiles has been restored. It no longer opens a new instance of your browser so you must use your browsers navigation (BACK & FORWARD) to leave the profile page.

I have envoked some accelerator software previously unavailable on this server. Most will not notice much difference, some may notice things a little more speedy.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-02-18 12:55 AM (#448686 - in reply to #448677)

A new feature was added to the "SEARCH" function to select "ALL FORUMS". You should try to search the most likely Forum for the item you are looking for first. But if you are looking to find everything posted on a particular phrase, then ALL FORUMS is the way to go.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-10-26 6:41 PM (#448687 - in reply to #448677)

Hello Ovation Fans,

Some features have been updated in the members section.

- An improved version of the Chat software has been uploaded. Not much visually different, but it operates much smoother.

- An updated version of the Gallery Software has been added. This version carries the main feature of being able to create "Albums" to help categorize your photos. All of the current photos were put into each members "My Gallery" album.

enjoy
Miles
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-01-08 2:47 PM (#448688 - in reply to #448677)

Updated the Gallery software to reflect the actual saved filename when you upload.

Also fixed an IE Browser bug to display what you are typing in the Album Name input box when you are creating an album.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-02-12 1:01 AM (#448689 - in reply to #448677)

The "Interviews" menu has been moved to the Members Access area for no other reason than it just seemed more logical than under links. A couple of NEW recent INTERVIEWS by Alpep and CWKII have been added also.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-03-13 10:28 AM (#448690 - in reply to #448677)

Now that the system has stablized somewhat, I wanted to let everyone know that after I return from the factory tour our web host will be moving the site to a new server. This should be seemless, but I've been doing this stuff for 20+ years... so I'm pretty confident there will be a couple of things to fix, but there really shouldn't be any down time, and performance should not only increase, but be more consistant.

The technical term in load balancing, but basically we have been online for over two years, and there are of course many other sites on the same server that have alse been online for that time and longer. Some have no problems, but some others have been as successful as us and that creates a problem when we all get lots of visits at the same time. Hence the reason sometimes it's blazing speed and other times... extremely slow.

I will keep you posted when the move takes place, and although I do not expect any actual downtime, there may be little things that might not work for a few hours while configurations are set.

Thanks for your patience until then.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-03-19 10:26 PM (#448691 - in reply to #448677)

As our community grows, it has become necessary to inform those who have recently joined, and remind those who have been around for awhile of some basic guidelines. These have been added to the privacy statement and terms of service.

This board is not intended to be a forum to promote any individual agenda be it from a single person, groups, or commercial or private entity. It is a private community of Ovation enthusiasts from around the world, encompassing a variety of backgrounds, ages, and interests. All opinions and discussions are welcome without fear of censorship, with the only "rule" being to be kind to each other. When said discussions and/or opinions become disruptive and/or repetitive and degenerate into personal agenda, we reserve the right to close threads, remove posts, and ultimately suspend participation.

This is a family oriented board, and as such hurling insults will not be tolerated. The offenders will be warned once and continuation of said behavior will result in the offenders account being suspended.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-08-06 2:37 PM (#448692 - in reply to #448677)

New photo gallery upload guideline.

The photo gallery now has a 100K filesize restriction to concerve server space. There were some files that were over 2mb. Most files have been re-sized, and they usually come out of the re-sizer just fine, but occationally not, so check you photos and re-upload ones that need it if you like. There are still some photos that I need to upload, so if your photo is missing, not to worry, it will be back later today or tomorrow.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)