The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Fishman Aural Pedal

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

45flint
Posted 2009-02-09 11:06 AM (#428677)
Subject: Fishman Aural Pedal

I had a fishman infinity pickup installed on my centennial Gibson J-100 and have been playing through a Fishman Jumbo Aura Pedal. Really is interesting technology. I pulled out my 1987 Collectors the other day and forgot how good that guitar was. I was putting it through some of the images on the pedal and some seemed to work. Anyone try these pedals with their O's, I would assume a dread pedal would be a better match but I am not sure with a deep bowl like this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dobro
Posted 2009-02-10 7:19 AM (#428678 - in reply to #428677)
Subject: Re: Fishman Aural Pedal

Yes, flint, I own the original "big" Aura. It IS very interesting, but somehow I felt that the image "got in the way": I realized how much I like the natural sound of my 1117 Legend and the 1581 Adamas. So I have not used it much. What images are you experimenting with?
Beal
Posted 2009-02-10 7:32 AM (#428679 - in reply to #428677)

I've got one of the big ones.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2009-02-10 9:27 AM (#428680 - in reply to #428677)

I'm not convinced by the Aura yet, or the VIP for that matter. Whenever I've heard Aura technology used by a solo guitar player, either instrumental or guitar and vocals I've thought it sounded pretty damn good, and whenever I've tried it at home, or in a store I've liked it. But whenever I've tried to use it onstage in a band setting, especially if there's percussion involved, I find that it makes the guitar disappear into the mix. Kinda like if you were trying to use a microphone on an acoustic alongside a bunch of elecrtic instruments. So if it's goal is to produce a more natural "mic-like" sound, I guess it's more than capable of that. But, if it means you end up fighting with it to make your sound sit comfortably in a mix, then forget it.

Might be good in the studio, but you could buy a half-decent microphone or two for the same money, so why bother?
scott lamperd
Posted 2009-02-10 6:32 PM (#428681 - in reply to #428677)

I tried the Aura pedals. Didn't really care for them either. Haven't tried the VIP yet. For the studio I like a stereo mix between the O pickup and a good quality dynamic mic.

Scott Lamperd B C (before computers)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)